Unzip problem

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
swensont
Forum Moderator

Re: Unzip problem

Post by swensont »

David,

When sQLux was released a while back, I created a example qlx.win file. It can be found here:

http://swensont.epizy.com/sqlux.win

(It's 2 MB). It has a number of directories and it has a copy of unzip. You can use this file as a boot device (win1_) or mounted as a secondary device (win2_).

I don't think it's been explained here, but a qlx.win file is a virtual hard drive, sort of like vmdk file. The OS sees it as a single file, but the QL emulators see it as a file system.

Also, like the Mac, the QL has header information on it's file that is lost when copies to a non-QL file system. This mostly affects executable files. That is why I only use qxl.win files for storing most QL files.

Tim

David McCann
ROM Dongle

Post by David McCann »

Well it seems that no-one knows why I can't unzip the Ediror in uQLx. For that matter, it wont run Xchange, although that will unzip. The solutions seem to be
1. Use uQLx for my astrology program, so that I can easity move data between that and Linux — recent Linux library changes mean that QemuLtor no longer multitasks happily.
2. Use QemuLator for the odd occasions when I need Abacus or the Editor.
Not ideal, but it's something of a triumph that I can still get 1980s software running somehow!

desin
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by desin »

hello
sQLux und thererfore uQLux does not support the creation of subdirectories
but the Editor 2000 (editor.zip) at Dilwin's site
uses subdirectories MSTR/EDT/xxx.x
i have repacked the files without subdirectories
theeditor.zip
(211.99 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

hope it helps