My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC interpreter

Post by Peter »

stevepoole wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:33 pm Ansar wrote : << It is also important to note that the produced .tkz file can be an input to my Interpreters of any other target machine as Sinclair QL, Atari ST, Amiga 500+ and Macintosh I.e. .bas and .tkz files do not differ between the base and target machines. >>

Doesn't this refer to Qls ? - Steve.
Sure it does. I still struggle with the new forum layout. In order to read this, I would have had to scroll, although the text is not really long. And somehow I didn't notice. My apologies.

ansar
ROM Dongle

My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

I am developing my programming language with codename UniBASIC.
My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch in my YT channel, my app named Sinclair QL Disk Manager, running on Intel 80x86 base machine. This app is written in UniBASIC programming language with my app named UniBASIC Editor to .bas, tokenized with my UniBASIC Interperter to .tkz and compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler to .exe, i.e. produced Intel 80x86 executable code to be run in a Microsoft 32 bit Windows operating system.
In this session my Sinclair QL Disk Manager will read two native QL floppy disks and will show the 512 bytes of boot sector in hex and explanation comments. Then will list the Directory of the two native QL disks and finally will show the Disk Sector no. 1 in hex and ascii code of each native QL floppy disks.
The QL Disk Mager can also:
- Copy files from floppy disk to PC hdd
- Copy files from PC hdd to floppy disk
- Copy the image of the floppy disk to PC hdd
- Copy an image of PC hdd to floppy disk
- Erase completely the floppy disk
- Format the floppy disk and
- A lot of other tasks
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:
<https://youtube.com/@i-ansar>,
If you like my creative code works.

Best Regars,
ansar

ones' complement
Over Heated PSU

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by ones' complement »

RalfR wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:39 pm Reminds me of TinyFPGA and Stella.
I concur. Strangely appropriate to the new astrological feel to the website, (IMHO).

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Post by bwinkel67 »

Your project looks interesting. Generally when folks are working on a project, they create one forum thread and post updates there. That way the rest of us can all easily follow what is new, give feedback, show interest, etc.. By creating a new thread each time you have an update, you are doing a disservice to your own project because very few people are going to follow multiple threads on a single project.

So I recommend you choose the thread that has had the most feedback at this point and post any future updates there. That's generally how most forums work. It makes it really easy to communicate and get engagements from the community.. When a new post appears on that thread, the thread title appears on the forum and it's easy to click and get to the end to see what's new.

Hope that helps!

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Hi bwinkel67,

Thanks for commenting.
I will check with forum bots/mods if a subdirectory named UniBASIC project, for examble, can be created and all my posts to be there.

Best Rgards,
ansar

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Post by NormanDunbar »

ansar wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am I will check with forum bots/mods if a subdirectory named UniBASIC project, for examble, can be created and all my posts to be there.
Just start a thread in the Software Forum and post your information there. Alternatively, as was suggested, pick the post which has received the most responses, and use that thread to continue posting your information. Any comments will be as replies to you and you can reply to those. If you need to add more information, then simply reply again, and carry on.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm. (Mod/Bot ;) )

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

NormanDunbar wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:21 pm
ansar wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:53 am I will check with forum bots/mods if a subdirectory named UniBASIC project, for examble, can be created and all my posts to be there.
Just start a thread in the Software Forum and post your information there. Alternatively, as was suggested, pick the post which has received the most responses, and use that thread to continue posting your information. Any comments will be as replies to you and you can reply to those. If you need to add more information, then simply reply again, and carry on.
Also if he just picks one, the others can be merged in.

Another Bot

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Hi XorA,

Thanks for commenting.
I will try merging.

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

My UniBASIC Interpreter on Sinclair QL, a Motorolla 68008 based machine

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

I am developing my programming language with codename UniBASIC.
My Interpreter, Compiler, Operating System and all applications are codeworks written in UniBASIC language.
You can watch in my YT channel, my UniBASIC Interpreter running on Sinclair QL, a Motorolla 68008 based machine. The UniBASIC Interpreter is written in UniBASIC programming language with my UniBASIC Editor, saved to .bas and compiled by my UniBASIC Compiler to .exe, i.e. produced Motorolla 68008 executable code to be run on Sinclair QL operating system.
In this session my UniBASIC Interpreter will load two UniBASIC .bas programs named Tty.bas and Drwhy.bas, will list them on the screen and tokenize them.
Finally it will execute the relevant two executables, Tty.exe and Drwhy.exe, produced with my UniBASIC Compiler for Sinclair QL. Here base and target machine is the Sinclair QL.
Thanks for Your tap on the thumps up button in order to support me and to subscribe to my channel:
<https://youtube.com/@i-ansar>,
If you like my creative code works.

Best Regars,
ansar

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: My UniBASIC Interpreter on Sinclair QL, a Motorolla 68008 based machine

Post by NormanDunbar »

Hi Ansar.

What's happening with all these posts? They appear to be the same thing on an almost daily basis, have you got somthing firing them off?

We might have to start deleting them shortly.

Cheers,
Norm. (With moderator hat on.)

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.