My QL Disk Manager, on Intel 80x86 base machine

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

But I remember in the past, many months of talking about Minerva and SMSQ/E, now what happened to those systems...

I asked for pictures of the Stella system, nothing ever was forthcoming.

Unlike the You Tube videos of Unibasic look like a system in development, the coding looks very similiar to Superbasic, personally I think it looks good.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC compilation process from Tty.bas to Tty.tkz and Tty.exe

Post by XorA »

Just to be clear now I have read the post it looks quite cool.

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Dear forum members,

Thanks for commenting!

Best Regards,
ansar

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: My Intel 80x86 UniBASIC interpreter

Post by NormanDunbar »

Well, I tried to watch the video on YT, but I'm on a tablet with a 10.5" screen. Itvwas difficult to make out what was going on I'm afraid. It looked like a LOAD command followed by a LIST, but it might have been something else.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

I gave him the tip to use one of the free programs that can record the screen as a video. Wait and see...

4E75 7000
ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Hi Norm,

Thanks for commenting!
I am using my phone in order to see and check for minimum viewing requirements and it looks OK.
The compilation process is the same for all apps.
In that video with Interpreter running:
1st the load command was issued to load the required .bas file wich here is the interpreter itself.
The interpreter responds with reading the requested file and then with the line numbers of each line.
Then a qsave command issued to save the file as a .tkz one.
The interpreter responds that the file already exists and asks y/n for deleting the existing file.
We reply with y.
Next we issue a cls command and then we issue the qload command with the .tkz file created.
I did this in order to show the immediate reading of the .tkz with the more time required for the .bas one.
But this is a short demonstration.
With the interpreter, we can write our own file, list the lines we want, edit a line, renumber the lines and so on.

Best Regards,
ansar

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

RalfR wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:37 am I gave him the tip to use one of the free programs that can record the screen as a video. Wait and see...
Hi RalfR,

Correct me if did not understood wel.
You refer to me that gave me a tip?

Best Regards,
ansar

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

ansar wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:21 pm my Intel 80x86 UniBASIC Interpreter written in UniBASIC programming language [...]
Is this QL related at all? If not, please post in the off-topic section. Thank you.

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Peter,

Ansar wrote : << It is also important to note that the produced .tkz file can be an input to my Interpreters of any other target machine as Sinclair QL, Atari ST, Amiga 500+ and Macintosh I.e. .bas and .tkz files do not differ between the base and target machines. >>

Doesn't this refer to Qls ? - Steve.

ansar
ROM Dongle

Post by ansar »

Hi Peter

When the base machine and target machine is the QL, then applications are created and running in the QL only.
When the base machine is the QL and the target machine is a PC running a Windows 32 bit operating system, then applications are created in the QL but they will run in that PC.
When the base machine is a PC running a Windows 32 bit operating system and the target machine is a QL, then applications are created in that PC but will run only in a QL.
When the base machine is a PC running a Windows 32 bit operating system and the target machine is that PC then applications are created and running on that PC only.
With the 3rd option we can keep our precious QL for a life-time of us and our children can decide if keeping it or not.
With the 4rth option. even if our QL will not work in the future, our software will live in a Microsoft PC or in a PC running my operating system.
That's why my decision was first to demonstrate the 4rth option.
But gradually 3rd, 2nd and 1st option will be demonstrated too.

Best Regards,
ansar