Want: QL-SD drive

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
mancity1961
ROM Dongle

Want: QL-SD drive

Post by mancity1961 »

Hi, anyone looking to sell a QL-SD drive as I desperately need one to complete my QL system. It will replace my Tetroid card which I will then sell as I no longer use it since getting an SGC.

XorA
Site Admin

Re: Want: QL-SD drive

Post by XorA »

mancity1961 wrote:Hi, anyone looking to sell a QL-SD drive as I desperately need one to complete my QL system. It will replace my Tetroid card which I will then sell as I no longer use it since getting an SGC.
Not all the QL-SD's work with SGC!

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

XorA wrote:
mancity1961 wrote:Hi, anyone looking to sell a QL-SD drive as I desperately need one to complete my QL system. It will replace my Tetroid card which I will then sell as I no longer use it since getting an SGC.
Not all the QL-SD's work with SGC!
Right, not out of the box, not the early ones. But you can make (all of) them work with a CPLD and ROM update. Obviously needs an EPROM programmer and a JTAG programmer. All the files needed can be found on Marcel's site.

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi

I asked if I could build the QLSD v2, but was politely refused.

So I would have make the QLSD v1, maybe with a dual SD Card reader.

But I have a few projects to do some behind time: Q68, Oqtadrive, QLUB...

Regards,

Derek
mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi

Quite a revisionist statement. I wrote, literally "well, if you want we can talk about that, sure. But the problem with the current QL-SD is that there is much manual labor involved." and then a long text of what must be done. Your answer was "From your description, the construction of the QL-SD would be too hard for a PCB manufacturer, even if they worked how to do it, the cost would be high." That was it. Nobody refused you anything.
Again, BS. The only difference between v1 and v2 are the CPLD files and those are openly available for everyone. :roll:

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

I have a few left but shipping stuff is so time consuming and annoying, especially outside the EU, that I haven't done it in a long time. Contact me in maybe two weeks, maybe I have finally got my stuff sorted out then.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

mk79 wrote:
Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi

Quite a revisionist statement. I wrote, literally "well, if you want we can talk about that, sure. But the problem with the current QL-SD is that there is much manual labor involved." and then a long text of what must be done. Your answer was "From your description, the construction of the QL-SD would be too hard for a PCB manufacturer, even if they worked how to do it, the cost would be high." That was it. Nobody refused you anything.
Again, BS. The only difference between v1 and v2 are the CPLD files and those are openly available for everyone. :roll:
Sorry, I must be mistaken.

Regards,

Derek
mancity1961
ROM Dongle

Post by mancity1961 »

mk79 wrote:
I have a few left but shipping stuff is so time consuming and annoying, especially outside the EU, that I haven't done it in a long time. Contact me in maybe two weeks, maybe I have finally got my stuff sorted out then.
Great thanks. I have been offered a ql-sd v1 would this be a good option for use with an sgc and Qemulator or would I be better off getting a v2 ?

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

mancity1961 wrote:Great thanks. I have been offered a ql-sd v1 would this be a good option for use with an sgc and Qemulator or would I be better off getting a v2 ?
v1 does not work with the SGC (which is the main reason v2 exists). You'd need a JTAG programmer plus special software to update it.

Maskenlos
Over Heated PSU

Post by Maskenlos »

mk79 wrote:
mancity1961 wrote:Great thanks. I have been offered a ql-sd v1 would this be a good option for use with an sgc and Qemulator or would I be better off getting a v2 ?
v1 does not work with the SGC (which is the main reason v2 exists). You'd need a JTAG programmer plus special software to update it.
To me, this statement is misleading. It is simple to upgrade v1 to work with SGC.
From hardware point of view there is no blocking point.