Wanted Super Gold Card

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
marius_mihaica
ROM Dongle

Wanted Super Gold Card

Post by marius_mihaica »

Hello friends,

Does anyone have a Super Gold Card for sale? or can point me where to look/whom should I contact?
Now that Vitalii (Tetroid) is out of reach I cannot find one anywhere and, besides the floppy interfaces, I want to expand the memory beyond 680kB/768kB.
Currently, I'm having a QubIDE (also from Vitalii) which, besides IDE (I'm using an IDE-CF adapter), has only 512kB (so, a total of 640kB).
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Marius

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Wanted Super Gold Card

Post by bwinkel67 »

marius_mihaica wrote:Hello friends,

Does anyone have a Super Gold Card for sale? or can point me where to look/whom should I contact?
Now that Vitalii (Tetroid) is out of reach I cannot find one anywhere and, besides the floppy interfaces, I want to expand the memory beyond 680kB/768kB.
Currently, I'm having a QubIDE (also from Vitalii) which, besides IDE (I'm using an IDE-CF adapter), has only 512kB (so, a total of 640kB).
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Marius
There is an internal RAM upgrade that a board member (Chr$) has made that he's selling that's not too expensive. It won't speed your QL up but for the time being, at least you get the extra memory.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

Thanks bwinkel67.

I believe Marius has already purchased one. I hope it's for another QL without the Qubide, because the 512k RAM will be in the same area on the memory map and can't add anything to the Qubide's existing 512k.

https://QXL.WIN
Collector of QL related computers, accessories and QL games/software.
Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
marius_mihaica
ROM Dongle

Post by marius_mihaica »

Hi Chris,

Indeed, is for another one :) (I know about the collision between the memory space from QubIDE and the internal extension I have ordered).
Chr$ wrote:Thanks bwinkel67.

I believe Marius has already purchased one. I hope it's for another QL without the Qubide, because the 512k RAM will be in the same area on the memory map and can't add anything to the Qubide's existing 512k.

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

marius_mihaica wrote:Hi Cris,

Indeed, is for another one :) (I know about the collision between the memory space from QubIDE and the internal extension I have ordered).
Chr$ wrote:Thanks bwinkel67.

Ah, well that's ok then ;)

Ask me about felt pads - I can cut them to size and they have proved excellent for mdv data recovery.
marius_mihaica
ROM Dongle

Post by marius_mihaica »

Chris,

Coming back to my initial pain - do you have any idea where I could find a Gold or Super Gold card?
BTW, yesterday, as a "desperate" solution, I sent a mail to Vitalii asking him if he's having any solution for sending his works to the EU. I'm waiting for his reply but, honestly, I don't have too high hopes. :(

Chr$
QL Wafer Drive

Post by Chr$ »

marius_mihaica wrote:Chris,

Coming back to my initial pain - do you have any idea where I could find a Gold or Super Gold card?
BTW, yesterday, as a "desperate" solution, I sent a mail to Vitalii asking him if he's having any solution for sending his works to the EU. I'm waiting for his reply but, honestly, I don't have too high hopes. :(
No I'm afraid not. I have both SG and SGC in my collection, but no spares for sale. They show up on ebay occasionally but are usually fairly expensive, especially with the issues getting anything new from Vitali. (although originals were never cheap even when new equivalents were available, I suppose the originals have an added authentic collector appeal).

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I would accept offers on my original gold and super gold cards. My trump card is more my speed :lol:

marius_mihaica
ROM Dongle

Post by marius_mihaica »

Thank you!
Now, I am in a bit of a dilemma:
Yesterday I managed to resume contact w Vitalii (TETROID).
He wrote that sending me an SGC card in Romania (and, by extension, in other EU countries) is possible for him. I am waiting for the tracking number; I'll probably get it tomorrow.
If the package does not go through (this means that in 2-3 weeks maybe, it will not arrive at Romanian customs), I will let you know and we will go on w the transaction (if the cards will still be available).
Is it OK like this?

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Yes no problem :)