Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Post by pjw »

Chr$ wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:00 pm
dilwyn wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:10 pm Many thanks chr$.

I'll see if I can convert it to other formats (unless you've already tried that...)
No I haven't yet. Not sure what kind of, or if it even has a peculiar protection system.
It actually works! In Q-emulator. However, no instructions..

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Super Croupier, no longer MIA

Post by dilwyn »

In addition to the MDump .MDV version that chr$ supplied, here's an ordinary MDV and FLP version for use on systems which don't support images. Please could someone who knows a little about these gambling games try them out to see if they work and if there is any protection which prevents them running fully? In QemuLator at least, it seems to access drive 2 when being run from drive 1, implying something is going on (or maybe it's just looking for a score or data table).

Not tried them much other than a quick run in QemuLator. The roulette in particular seems to benefit from running at QL speed.

When it starts, just use cursor up and down to select which of the 6 games to play, then press space.

Most of the games (roulette, poker, baccara', Carta+alta, black jack and slot machine) seem to work with cursor keys and space to select, or enter the amounts you want to gamble within each game.

Haven't managed to work out how to quit from the program yet, or if you just have to reset.
Attachments
scroupmdv.zip
MDV version
(36.64 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
scroupflp.zip
FLP version
(36.64 KiB) Downloaded 44 times