QDOS For Amiga

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Derek_Stewart
Aurora

Re: QDOS For Amiga

Postby Derek_Stewart » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Hi,

There is a Vampire 2 for the Amiga A500, which plugs into the 68000 CPU socket, from what I can gather, this also works on the Atari STF(M). If this works with Atari software then the hardware QL emulator will also take advantage of the Vampire 2, and it runs SMSQ/E.

I will do some investigation and maybe save up for a A500 Vampire 2 costing 300 Euro. But has a Amiga Kickstart ROM included on the Vampire2 board.

Maybe get all my Atari computers out of storage, as I have most of the QL ST Emulators and some spare boards.

Maybe a better option than the Amiga A600, which uses the 68EC020 socket, a thought the SuperGold Card would connect tot he A600 Vampire 2, but that would mean fitting a CPU socket, too much work I fear.

Regards,

Derek
Peter
Super Gold Card

Postby Peter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Derek,

before spending money, it would be better to let someone try "Amiga-QDOS" or "QDOS Classic" - which is normal Amiga Software - on that card.

If that works, and important QL programs run, there is some safety the CPU can execute QL code. I'm careful about that, because executing Atari/Amiga code also worked on other FPGA CPU cores I tried, but failed with QL code. Debugging that can cost years, as we saw with the Q68.

Peter

Derek_Stewart
Aurora

Postby Derek_Stewart » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi Peter,

I already have an Amiga A600 with Vampire 2.

I will look at the QL emulatorover the weekend.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Gold Card

Postby XorA » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Just to point out the apollo wiki has a list of instructions not implemented TAS being one of them as its never used on Amiga!

Derek_Stewart
Aurora

Postby Derek_Stewart » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi,

There is some software in the QDOS Classic Amiga zip file that can remove TAS commands and replace them with Amiga comnands, written by Mark Swift.

Regards,

Derek

Return to “QL Emulation”