Q68 Order Process

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Q68 Order Process

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have been checking my records, concerning the quotation of prices to potential customers of Q68.

I have sent out notices and quotation to everyone that has shown an interest in the purchase of the Q68, but there are a few non-replies to my quotation, this maybe due to the issues surrounding emails being sent.

In that case, I will re-send the Q68 quotations in the hope that nothing has been lost.

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Hi,

I'm enquiring about the prices of Q68 case kits for the next batch that you intend to build.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Martin_Head wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:04 am Hi,

I'm enquiring about the prices of Q68 case kits for the next batch that you intend to build.
Hi Martin,

I have built and sold most of the current batch of Q68, so next batch currenyly not planned.

I did not consider a kit for a Q68 case.

The problem is, some Q68 PCBs do not have an expansion port connector fitted, and the connector is a 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, which needs care to solder in place. This is needed for the QL NET connection. The QL NET circuitry, I have done in a cable format, which is more flexible.

I have had some orders for PCB option, so may have some cases left over, I check to see the availability and get back to you.

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:27 pm
Martin_Head wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:04 am Hi,

Hi Martin,

I have built and sold most of the current batch of Q68, so next batch currenyly not planned.

I did not consider a kit for a Q68 case.
The problem is, some Q68 PCBs do not have an expansion port connector fitted, and the connector is a 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, which needs care to solder in place. This is needed for the QL NET connection.
That sounds like mine. Mine also has a reset switch soldered to the board. Soldering a connector should not be too much of a problem.
The QL NET circuitry, I have done in a cable format, which is more flexible.

I have had some orders for PCB option, so may have some cases left over, I check to see the availability and get back to you.
Thanks for that. And I don't mind waiting until you have another batch of Q68's to build.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Martin,

The reset switch was fitted to the first 10 Q68 PCBs, since the Reset does not reset the Q68 operating system, it was excluded ftom the PCB build. I still have 20 of these switches...

The problem is the fitting of the Q68 expansion port connector, which on Batch 3 onwards, I started fitting a 2x12 2mm pitch male pin header.

The QL Network circuitry connects to pins 1,2,4 on the expansion port.

I have 2 spare cases with a split case top and end panels.

I changed the I2C connector to a 4 pin JST connector and routed the port to the rear panel above the Serial port to a 2mm JST socket.

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Hi Derek,

So would you be looking to sell a case, or would you need to make a set of network cables cables etc, first.

Or maybe see if there's enough interest in making a batch of cases?

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Martin_Head wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:52 am Hi Derek,

So would you be looking to sell a case, or would you need to make a set of network cables cables etc, first.

Or maybe see if there's enough interest in making a batch of cases?
Hi Martin,

Yes I have some spare cases.

I have spare QL Network Circuitry cables, that will secure to the wall of the Q68 Case panel or side wall.

The QL Network connects into the Q68 Internal Expansion connector, do you have one fitted?

Regards,

Derek
Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:43 pm The QL Network connects into the Q68 Internal Expansion connector, do you have one fitted?
If you mean the 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, then no. I do have the JTAG connector, and I have soldered in a similar connector for the I2C. If you have a spare 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, then could you include it.

There is also a 3 pin connector with a jumper on it behind the power socket.

What's the price? You can either PM, or email me with payment details.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Martin_Head wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:19 am
Derek_Stewart wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:43 pm The QL Network connects into the Q68 Internal Expansion connector, do you have one fitted?
If you mean the 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, then no. I do have the JTAG connector, and I have soldered in a similar connector for the I2C. If you have a spare 2x12 2mm pitch pin connector, then could you include it.

There is also a 3 pin connector with a jumper on it behind the power socket.

What's the price? You can either PM, or email me with payment details.
Hi Martn,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I nearly missed this message, with all the other messages...

The 3 pin connector with a Jumper is the power connector, the Jumper connects the 5V input to the Q68 5V supply. The other pin is GND, not to be used if the Power Supply is connected.

The Case Panel has a Switch that replaced to the Jumper, on the first batches of Q68, this was a non-illuminated switch, later on in Batch 4 I used a Illiuminated switch that connects an LED in the Switch to the QL power connector using the 3 in GND pin.

I will send you a PM later on, when I have sorted out the availiblity.

Regards,

Derek
NL_QL_Usr
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by NL_QL_Usr »

Can I still become a proud owner of a Q68??

If so I would to order 1...