QL Tinkering

Helpful tips and guides, also new users can ask for help here.
qbits
Trump Card

Re: QL Tinkering

Post by qbits »

Hi thanks for your comments.
Researching some of the background to Enigma brought up family connections to WWII my paternal father who past away in 2008 served in Egypt and ended up as a Pilot. Finished his training on Lancaster bombers on 7th May 1944.
QBITS

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi all,
Here’s another in the QBITS suite, the revised and extended 3DGraphics Prog. The accompanying .pdf hopefully will explain all.
This Special Edition includes a simulation where you take control of the moving shuttle and try to Dock with a revolving Rescue Pod which can be a little tricky.
The QBITS rotating Globe is also included.
The next three to five weeks I’m working on an unrelated Project, but I will try to look in on occasion and keep up with any requests.
Keep on Tinkering…
QBITS
Attachments
3DGraphics.jpg
QBITS_3DGraphics2SE_bas.zip
(11.34 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
QB3DGraphics2SE.pdf
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 181 times

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Qbits,
Excellent piece of software that works first time, on QPC2, of course ! (I had to setup my qpc2 screen to 512x256 though).

The pdf docs are very clear, and give a thorough introduction to 3D perspective graphics. (Full frontal views only).

I could not get the globe 'VIEWER' parameters to function, but this may be a work in progress ?

With the shuttle & pod rescue feature, one small complaint is the colours of both merge into one continuous shape.

Finally, a Pause possibility would give you the opportinity to think.... unless there is one which I have overlooked ?

But these little problems do not in any way take away the pleasure of using the whole program !

Regards, Steve.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Excellent programming and really good documentation.

I will integrate these programmes in the Q68 software package I isxue with new Q68 computers.

Regards,

Derek
qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi Steve,
Thanks for taking a look, the Viewer should be working, press ‘V’ highlight changes – ‘S’ ‘s’ Reset to GMT ‘G’ ‘g’ Grid on/off ‘< >’ left/right chevrons to reduce increase Globe size and the cursor keys to Rotate Globe. Downloaded the prog to check and its running OK with my QPC2 Set up. Note: Check in the back pages of my pdf.

IHi Dereck,
Glad to be of some use in promoting the QL S/SuperBASIC and QL Platforms. The QBITS Graphics package still await a final aspiration. I have a FILL option to show the continents in colour not just an outline. Most of the island areas are working OK but still have issues with the main land mases as they appear or recede from Globe curvature.

Note: For some time I have contemplated a revamp of my QBITS QLSound Prog. I made some investigation into the DP Midi interface but didn’t get to far. However after reading Martin Head Concept Notes on QSound I feel that might be the route to take, swapping QSound Keywords for the QL BEEP.

Que. Does the Q68 use a sound Chip rather than the QL BEEP hardware arrangement?.

QBITS

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Qbits,

The Q68 provides a stereo sampled sound system. Digital-analog conversion uses 20kHz sample rate and hardware FIFO buffering for up to 1024 samples. Combined line / headphone output on jack socket.

The QL BEEP command is provided in SMSQ/E along with commands play QL Sampled Sound System (QLSSS).

Regards,

Derek
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Qbits,

Yes, the 'Viewer' controls do work ok, after following your recommendations...

'Set' GMT, replaces the world view onto the Greenwich meridian. The 'chevrons' require you to reduce the globe at first....

Again, an excellent well-presented program.

Steve.

qbits
Trump Card

Post by qbits »

Hi All,
Thankfully made some time for a very welcome and therapeutic Tinkering in QL SuperBasic. Still amazed at what can be achieved with this underrated version of the BASIC computing language.

Following on with upgrades to the QBITS QLFont Editor and QBITS 3D Graphics I thought I would have a stab at my QBITS BITMAP Design.

Pixel Art and its development is fascinating subject in itself, so I set myself the task to create a QBITS PIXEL ART software program. This begins with an upgrade to the Sprites generator that was achieved with QBITS BITMAP Design. Retro Computer Games deploy patterned Tiles for screen backgrounds. Still a WIP is a function for generating such background scenes. Then hopefully some form of controlled animation which will go towards creating a simple Demo Game.

QBITS

Attached is a preview of screen shots that I have put together so far. My Autum Project for 2023.
Attachments
QBITS PIXArt.jpg

RalfR
Aurora

Post by RalfR »

Amazing!

4E75 7000
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »