Get yourself a bargain (not) - £800 for an untested QL

Discussions for anything QL related up for Auction.
my216
ROM Dongle

Get yourself a bargain (not) - £800 for an untested QL

Post by my216 »

Cristian
Aurora

Re: Get yourself a bargain (not) - £800 for an untested QL

Post by Cristian »

An unmissable opportunity

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Could be my attempt at selling my QL stuff when the best wife of all asks me to get rid of some of my old computer crap. "well, I tried!" :)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
my216
ROM Dongle

Post by my216 »

tofro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 pm Could be my attempt at selling my QL stuff when the best wife of all asks me to get rid of some of my old computer crap. "well, I tried!" :)
:D good plan, I'll remember that!

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

tofro wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 pm Could be my attempt at selling my QL stuff when the best wife of all asks me to get rid of some of my old computer crap. "well, I tried!" :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bwinkel67
QL Wafer Drive

Post by bwinkel67 »

Anyone who buys off of AliExpress ever go 5 or 6 pages deep and find $5 items for like over $1,000? What is going on there?

I had to replace a mini AV-to-VGA converter that you can get for about $4, and I was trying to fit things into a "$10 and get free shipping" window and kept looking for different prices and came upon the same item for $1,200 and couldn't figure out from the listing what was special (i.e. you weren't buying like a thousand of them).

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

bwinkel67 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 am Anyone who buys off of AliExpress ever go 5 or 6 pages deep and find $5 items for like over $1,000? What is going on there?

I had to replace a mini AV-to-VGA converter that you can get for about $4, and I was trying to fit things into a "$10 and get free shipping" window and kept looking for different prices and came upon the same item for $1,200 and couldn't figure out from the listing what was special (i.e. you weren't buying like a thousand of them).
Sellers often change the price to ridiculous numbers when they have an item that is temporarily unavailable. Otherwise, they'd have to delete (and later re-enter) the complete offering (with new cost, because a new ad). This way, they simply change back the price to something reasonable when the item becomes available again. (Most platforms don't support the temporary suspension of an ad, but do support changing the price)

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO