QIMSI

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Andrew
Aurora

Re: QIMSI

Post by Andrew »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:11 pm I do not think you can get any extra resolution and colour depth, without an Aurora attached.
I am sure I can't.
My question was because version 3.38 has different SQMSQE versions for Goldcard, Goldcard 256 colors (whatever that is :shock: ), Aurora, SMSQmulator, Q40, Q68 and another 2 that I have no idea what are for.
The Goldcard version doesn't have the option to set colors or resolution (there is no need for that on real QL), as the v3.39 seems to have.

Peter
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Peter »

Andrew wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:10 pm The Goldcard version doesn't have the option to set colors or resolution (there is no need for that on real QL), as the v3.39 seems to have.
I have just tried and it is the same in older GoldCard versions, probably Aurora support.

guibrush
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by guibrush »

HI, I'm interested in one too, PM send. Thanks

napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by napsternds »

I found today an old USB mouse at the bottom of a long time fogotten box with computer stuff and cables. Tested it with QIMSI, and it WORKS!!!

I have checked the list, and this one is not there, so here it is:

Logitech First Pilot Wheel Mouse M-BE58

Regards
Fede

genetika
Over Heated PSU

Post by genetika »

Hi
is the QIMSI board compatible with GoldCard and SuperGoldCard ?

Regards,
Massimino

Andrew
Aurora

Post by Andrew »

genetika wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:48 pm Hi

Regards,
Massimino
i have installed mine in a QL+Goldcard and it works perfectly. Also tested it in QL+SuperGoldcard, and it works.
I have not tested it in my QL+QUBIDE, but I believe it's incompatible with that.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Andrew wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:40 pm
genetika wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:48 pm Hi

Regards,
Massimino
i have installed mine in a QL+Goldcard and it works perfectly. Also tested it in QL+SuperGoldcard, and it works.
I have not tested it in my QL+QUBIDE, but I believe it's incompatible with that.
I have my QIMSI running with a Tetroid TDI, which really a Trump Card with CF Interface. Since the CF Interface is located in the ROM Port, I disabled the CF Interface when the QIMSI is installed.

This allows the QIMSI hardware to work with the Tetroid TDI Ram and Disk Interface. So 768K of ram available and the QIMSI functionality.

Regards,

Derek
Tesla
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by Tesla »

Maskenlos wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:26 am Dear all,

as announced in the thread "Breaking news: The QIMSI Interface" I would like to share some information about how to get your hands on a QIMSI. Kindly contact me by personal message.

Please keep in mind. This is a non profit project for the community. I do this in my spare time, I have a day time job as well as a family. So be a little bit patient.

I am happy to answer your question.

Best regards,

Stephan

Update 17th Nov 2023:

We created a QIMSI compatible mice list. Hopefully this helps to find a suitable on, list is attached.

Stephan
Hi Stephan. Here is an update to the compatible mice list.
The wireless Trust system DESKSET 310KD (keyboard + mouse) works perfectly with QIMSI interface. Furthermore, for those interested, the Trust system is the output of a CS9134 ATEN switch with PS/2 inputs/outputs (for people who have more computers than fingers said the advertising :lol: ) with Q68 connected, one pc win 98 equipped with QXL and my win 10 pc. All works correctly.
Marco

Maskenlos
Over Heated PSU

Post by Maskenlos »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the Update an good news. I will include it to the mice-list soon.

Stephan

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: QIMSI - how to buy

Post by vanpeebles »

Miguel angel rojo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:47 pm Hello, good initiative, I would also like to acquire one, but apparently I cannot send private messages, since although I have been registered since 2019, I have not participated in debates, only for reading, sorry, not knowing English I It `s difficult. How many debates do you have to participate in to send private messages? If you can, if not, nothing happens, I understand.
You should be able to now :)