turtle position

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Re: turtle position

Post by stevepoole »

Hi again,

Here is a screen-shot of the game in progress. Steve.
Capture d’écran (93).png

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Folks,

Just noticed one very slight quirk when running Penny_Drop5_bas. (Posted August 26th at 3.04pm) :

You may sometimes fall off a see-saw, even when a 'gate' is shown there.... with no crash !
In fact, this happens where the gate-time has just elapsed, and has not been erased, a slight error with no real consequences...
The fix will be included in a final version, after a delay to see if other things are reported.

Penny-Drop version 3 was well downloaded. Version 5 is far more enjoyable to play.

Regards, Steve.

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi,

When you rolled onto a fruit from the left, you would need to do it a second time to erase it, a minor quirk now fixed.

Still playing the new version 5 to detect bugs or quirks, so let me know if you notice anything awry please.

Regards, Steve.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I have altered the programme to use the Left/Right cursor keys and replaced the SMSQ/E specific $ notation for Hex numbers for the Toolkit 2 HEX function. Now the programme work with Minerva and SMSQ/E.

I have a Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to my Linux computer and sQLux, detects the Xbox360 controller as SDL2 Joystick 1, so since I have added the controls for Penny_drop to use the Left/Right Cursor keys, the Joystick works with the game. This should work on a BBQL with Minerva fitted.

The programme does not work with QDOS, due to the use of the extended PEEK function.

I also had to initialise variable xx to 0, for Minerva to work, not sure what it does...

penny_drop6.zip
Minerva Compatible
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 29 times

Regards,

Derek
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Derek,
Many thanks for your modifictions to make Penny_Drop work on more platforms !

I have made two changes to Penny_Drop5_bas to get rid of little quirks, and will adapt your Version accordingly soon.

I used '4' & '6' keys, as on my Hewlett Paccard desktop, they put the <(smaller than) key beside the <(left cursor) key, and it is all too easy to confuse them ! (French AZERTY keyboard). But I can also use a QWERTY USB plug in with QPC2, so your tweak is fine....
Not working on QDOS may not be a problem, as non-SMSQ systems are probably too slow to run the game adequately?
The 'xx' variable is a redundant artefact, and will be removed from the final version, after any bugs will have been reported.

Yesterday a friend played the game and found no problems, once he had got the feel of it, and would like to see it on his Apple !
(I would hate to have to try and translate it into C++ !).

Regards, Steve.

stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Derek,
Just downloaded your version 6, and updated it to version 7 :

Fruit is now correctly harvested, and gates do disapear properly too, (as mentioned in a previous post).

I also chenged your spotx modification from PEEK() to PEEK_F(), as the former generated quirks sometimes.

I hope that this will now be a stable version !

Thanks again for your intervention. Steve.
Penny_drop7.zip
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 34 times

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

stevepoole wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:16 am I also chenged your spotx modification from PEEK() to PEEK_F(), as the former generated quirks sometimes.
PEEK_F is not implemented for Minerva, which is why I used the Minerva extended PEEK command.

Turbo Toolkit to be installed to use "peek_f" seems to be in lower case in the versions of Turbo Toolkit I have, but seems errors, using the Minerva PEEK command works best.

Regards,

Derek
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Derek and all,

Ok, if you have Minerva, use Penny-Drop7_bas, but with PEEK() in the spotx routine...
For other platforms, continue using PEEK_F to avoid falling though the see-saw floors !

Is there any way of detecting if Minerva is installed ?

Regards, Steve.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

stevepoole wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:20 pm Hi Derek and all,

Ok, if you have Minerva, use Penny-Drop7_bas, but with PEEK() in the spotx routine...
For other platforms, continue using PEEK_F to avoid falling though the see-saw floors !

Is there any way of detecting if Minerva is installed ?

Regards, Steve.

Regards,

Derek
stevepoole
Super Gold Card

Post by stevepoole »

Hi Folks,
As no other bugs have been reported, here is the final version, which includes Derek's tweak to allow operation on Minerva setups...

Regards, Steve.
Penny_Drop8.zip
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 35 times