Quanta CD

A place to discuss general QL issues.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Quanta CD

Post by dilwyn »

Shame. I do have a copy here so it won't vanish entirely.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ah, OK. When you put it on there, did you include the password protection or not?

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

dilwyn wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:27 am Ah, OK. When you put it on there, did you include the password protection or not?
I just put what I found on some random internet site! I figured it was already in the wild if google could find it!

napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by napsternds »

I have just downloaded that, and it doesn't seem to be the QuantaCD, but a small collection of QL tools for other OS.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

napsternds wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:20 pm I have just downloaded that, and it doesn't seem to be the QuantaCD, but a small collection of QL tools for other OS.
I went to download it to check, but the estimate of download time of 9 minutes put me off.

If you click on SHOW ALL (near where it says 13 files, under DOWNLOAD OPTIONS) it takes you to an ftp-style directory listing. From there, click on the QuantaCD/ folder name. It takes you to a folder where you can download the QXL.WIN. That seems to be the right size (512MB), but I haven't downloaded it to check in view of the 9 minute download estimate.
QuantaCD/ folder
QuantaCD/ folder

napsternds
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by napsternds »

dilwyn wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:40 pm If you click on SHOW ALL (near where it says 13 files, under DOWNLOAD OPTIONS) it takes you to an ftp-style directory listing. From there, click on the QuantaCD/ folder name. It takes you to a folder where you can download the QXL.WIN. That seems to be the right size (512MB), but I haven't downloaded it to check in view of the 9 minute download estimate.
Downloaded and content checked. Thank you. I had just checked the ZIP file.

robheaton
Site Admin

Post by robheaton »

I've emailed Keith Dunbar and he's fixed the downloads on the Quanta website :P

--
If vanpeebles parps in the woods and there is nobody around, does it make a sound?