QL Technical Guide as E-Book (PDF) or online?

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
ql_freak
Gold Card

QL Technical Guide as E-Book (PDF) or online?

Post by ql_freak »

Is the Technical Guide available as E-Book (e.g. PDF) or online?

If not, would it be okay to scan it and publish it?

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
ones' complement
Over Heated PSU

Re: QL Technical Guide as E-Book (PDF) or online?

Post by ones' complement »

ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Exactly my hero :-)

p.s.: Dilwyn´s page is now so huge, that it's difficult to find that stuff you are looking for. Well done!

GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Wow! The PDF is great :-) I haven't looked for typos (this could be a problem as in the German translation of the second edition of Stroustrups "The C++ Programming Language"), but the Layout is superb.

Finally you click on the arrow down/up to get to the next/previous page. Wasn't there a Quill some years ago.

p.s.: The latest (German) Edition (C++ 11) is superb (and without typos:-).
Last edited by ql_freak on Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

I haven't looked for typos (this could be a problem as in the German translation of the second edition of Stroustrups "The C++ Programming Language")
Don't worry the English copy of that book I had way back when was also full of typos :-D

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Just remember that this book is for QDOS systems. The QDOS/SMS Reference Guide is the equivalent for SMSQ/E systems.

Peter's point about the size of my site is very valid, even I have difficulty remembering where everything is! That's why it has the "Site Search" box. It uses an external search facility which is surprisingly good if you know what you're looking for.

Remember also that if you know something is on a given site, use Google's site: search - this in Google search (not tried it, typed from memory, sorry if wrong)
site:dilwyn.me.uk QL Technical Guide