Run QPC2 emulator on Android phone or tablet

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
P2P
ROM Dongle

Run QPC2 emulator on Android phone or tablet

Post by P2P »

Dear reader,
perhaps there are other topics about this subject on the QL forum, but I could not find it.
I want to inform you about the possibilty of running the QPC2 emulator on an Android phone or Android tablet and it works very well.
In the past I used QPC1 running on an msdos emulator within an Android phone, but QPC2 works much better.
I use QPC2 on my Android phone and tablet (yse, both with an arm processor an Android version 6 or higher) by means of the
Exagear android software (this is an windows emulator on Android).
In the past Exagear was a commercial product, but now it is free available, look for the code on www.github.com and look for Exagear.

On youtube there are many videos available on how to install and use Exagear on Android.
After installing Exagear and creating an environment with Exagear (for instance Windows 7 or Windows 10), you can install QPC2
within that environment, it works very well.
I also tried to install Qemulator this way, but this was not possible.

Greetings from Paul (The Netherlands).

P2P
ROM Dongle

Re: Run QPC2 emulator on Android phone or tablet

Post by P2P »

Addendum on installing Qemulator software with Exagear APK on Android phone or tablet:
Qemulator (versions 3.3, 3.4 or 3.5) WORKS FINE on Exagear when you install them using the Windows XP (not Windows 7 or 10)
version within Exagear (can be set within Exagear environment using winecfg, see internet info and youtube films for the details).
I am using Sinclair Qemulator 3.5 on my Samsung A53 phone an Samsung A8 tablet (also the older Huawei P9 lite) with much fun.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Can I ask, what is the experience like using a QL emulator on a fairly small mobile phone screen?

Also, does the emulator make use of the on-screen keyboard, or is it better to plug in a USB keyboard or a bluetooth keyboard?

I used a QL emulator on a Windows tablet with 7 inch screen some time ago. It was usable, but better with an external keyboard.

P2P
ROM Dongle

Post by P2P »

Hello Norman, thank you for your reaction.
Exagear has a possibility to use the keyboard of your android device. You can toggle it on and off on your screen.
I use a screen key app on my Android device called hacker keyboard ( can be installed as an apk app on your android device, has nothing to do with hacking, has lots of extra keys available like F1, F2 etc.).
On an android phone with the keyboard on screen active, there is little space left for the ql emulator screen ( qpc2 or qemulator), but the screen can be zoomed in within exagear.
I use a small external keyboard with a buildin mousepath, linked with the android phone or tablet by bluetooth, which works fine.
Greetings from Paul.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I could not find anything on the link supplied on the first message.

But, a github page for the sourcd code:
https://github.com/akbarri/ExaGear-SU

An installable Android APK:
https://exagear-windows-emulator.en.sof ... DINS-635.3

I have an Octa Core Android TV Box, running Android 7, that could probably run Exagear.

When I find time I will give it a go.

Regards,

Derek
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Tried my TZ91 Android TV Android 7.01 box on the QL Forum sQLux online emulator, works OK, Google Chrome Browser.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:13 am Hi,

Tried my TZ91 Android TV Android 7.01 box on the QL Forum sQLux online emulator, works OK, Google Chrome Browser.
On this note it would be really helpful if there were any web experts in the house to help with virtual keyboard on tablets/phones Android/IOS.