sQLux run external file

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

sQLux run external file

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

I am want to load an SuperBasic file created in a Linux editor or IDE, stored in a Linux directory.

The documentation on GIthub in sqlux.md says use the -b option, but the -b option is not present in the current version of sQLUX v1.0.5-101-8844d471-(2022-10-22)

I thought maybe define a Device and Boot Device in the sQLux command line and load the SuperBasic file from the Boot_Device. But boot file must be be called BOOT...

But does not seem to work.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Re: sQLux run external file

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I am want to load an SuperBasic file created in a Linux editor or IDE, stored in a Linux directory.

The documentation on GIthub in sqlux.md says use the -b option, but the -b option is not present in the current version of sQLUX v1.0.5-101-8844d471-(2022-10-22)

I thought maybe define a Device and Boot Device in the sQLux command line and load the SuperBasic file from the Boot_Device. But boot file must be be called BOOT...

looks like i forgot that one, im on hols so it wont get fxed this week.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote:

Okay, no worries, I wil do all my programming within sQLux, on QD.

Regards,

Derek
XorA
Site Admin

Post by XorA »

Derek_Stewart wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:00 am
XorA wrote:

-b option has been restored!

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

XorA wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:06 pm
Derek_Stewart wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:00 am
XorA wrote:
-b option has been restored!
Thanks,

I will updated my sQLux git and compile, using the new compile options and did this test:
sQLux running from command line
sQLux running from command line
Using the command line to define the SuperBasic command and size of Window, also using defaults in the sqlux.ini file:

Code: Select all

sqlux -g 512x256 -b 'print "Hello World"\\:for a=32 to 255: print chr$(a);: end for a'
I was going to write a script/macro to use an IDE to write the Superbasic file and run the file in sQLux, maybe VS Code or just VIM maybe an idea.

Regards,

Derek