reset switch info please

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
techy
Gold Card

reset switch info please

Post by techy »

hi forum , i have a nagging reset-switch problem , of which i think can only be solveed by soldering in a new one ...............

problem , as i type on the keyboard at some points the ql resets.
so after futher investigation i noticed that the only way to use the reset swith is to wiggle it in a certain position and the it does work .

has anyone info to replace this switch ??

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: reset switch info please

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

To replace the reset switch the QL board will have to be removed from the case, which means removing the Microdrives.

But maybe you can service the reset switch without removal of the QL board.

The switch is a spring loaded push to make switch to reset the QL, the spring is behind the black button and there is a top cover that can be removed without spring pushed back towards the external button.

Once the top cover is slightly raised the reset button can be removed.

There are copper contacts held to grooves, that slide to make the connection on the reset circuit, located on the reset switch, probably they are not in the correct grooves.

Do not as other people have said use WD40 or other oil to try and fix the switch, this will short everything out.

I have some QL spares, so could supply a reset switch if required, but this would require soldering.

Regards,

Derek
techy
Gold Card

Re: reset switch info please

Post by techy »

there is something wrong with the structural soundness of the rest switch ( aka i have 2 parts which don't interlock anymore )

i will investigate as i have received my new keyboard membrane to be sure the problem can be pinpointed directly .

Zx80-1/3k exp.-zx81-16k exp.- Spectrum 48 - Spectrum+ -Spectrum 128- Interface 1 - DIVide - Zx flashcard- Zx printer - Ram turbo - Velleman interface system - Currah microspeech - Ql - Miracle 512k exp.- Ql printer - Cst Qdisk interf.- Qubide - Double 3.5 floppy- Minerva - Ice 1.9 - Ql Usb mouse adapter - Qimi-and much more .