qle/Black Phoenix

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
simon629
Bent Pin Expansion Port

qle/Black Phoenix

Post by simon629 »

Hi can you help me how do you install QROOT Lonely Joker 2 and Chess into Black Phoenix can you please help OK thanks Simon Foster

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: qle/Black Phoenix

Post by RWAP »

Simon has been speaking to me privately, and this is a subject which needs much wider discussion as it is not just about QL/E and the Black Phoenix distributions.

a) Simon has a JPG he would like adding as a new wallpaper for QPC2 - what is the best way of doing this?

b) I set up SImon's QPC2 system some time ago - taking the QL/E distribution from Urs and adding some links to games etc to QDT. However, now he has updated to the latest version of the Black Phoenix distribution - he needs to add those programs back to his qxl.win hard disk file, and the QDT links again.

This is a question of spotting the right directories to copy across from his old qxl.win file, but what is the easiest way of copying the correct QDT configuration over?

This should be a fairly simple process, but I am not sure it is documented anywhere - probably because most people go about this the other way around - ie, not starting with an updated qxl.win file, but updating the individual programs they already have installed.

Once that is done, then Simon will need to learn how to install new programs and add new icons to QDT to launch them!

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Those seem to be mainly QDT problems - Didn't QDT originally come with a manual describing where it puts this information? I must admit I have never really used it and so this isn't exactly my area of expertise.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The Wallpaper is set for the whole of the QPC2 background (I think) - it does not appear to be QDT specific.

I guess it is set with the command BG_IMAGE - but how does that cope with the different screen resolutions available in QPC2?

I know that both QL/e and Black Phoenix require a minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 - which I could not see specified anywhere....

As for the QDT menus - they are stored in the file called DeskTop_QDT which is thankfully plain text. For Black Phoenix, this is stored in the directory:
win1_SYS_QDT_

On QL/e, it is stored somewhere else
win1_APP_QDT_

This does allow you to store a configuration and then compare it with a new one when a new release of either the Black Phoenix or QL/e distribution is released.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Use the BGIMAGE command to set the background to a wallpaper. The wallpaper file must be a PIC file set to correct resolution, unless it can be scaled.

Or use Photon with the "w" option to display the JPEG to a wallpaper.

Regards,

Derek