This is the BBC.

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

This is the BBC.

Post by vanpeebles »

I scored this for a freebie, I've never owned a BBC despite owning and using the 32 bit Acorns on a regular bases. I don't think it will keep me from the QL but it will be nice to try Elite and revisit Grannies Garden from my junior school days. 8-)

Sadly missing the z80 card for the Torch drive setup. There is a receipt online of someone elses and it cost nearly 1000 quid in the early 80s. :o

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: This is the BBC.

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Interestingly the Raspberry Pi foundation have named there two versions of their upcoming computer Model A and Model B in light of wanting to regenerate the experiences of BBC and similar retro feel programming.

Also here is a pic from the Computer Museum of the second processors for the BBC, 6502 I believe and quite big :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1087615291 ... uterMuseum

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

Mr_Navigator wrote:Interestingly the Raspberry Pi foundation have named there two versions of their upcoming computer Model A and Model B in light of wanting to regenerate the experiences of BBC and similar retro feel programming.
And there is an effort on to port RISC OS to Raspberry Pi too, so BASIC V (ie BBC Basic on steroids) will be available :)

They have ir running I think, but the peripherals are causing some problems at the mo (being USB).

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Sparrowhawk wrote:
Mr_Navigator wrote: And there is an effort on to port RISC OS to Raspberry Pi too, so BASIC V (ie BBC Basic on steroids) will be available :)
So, can we also refer to SBASIC as "SuperBASIC on steroids" ?
:twisted:
Dilwyn