You know you're a QLer when...

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:52 am
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Dave » Thu May 04, 2017 11:59 pm

You know you're a QLer when...

You think 640K is enough...

You complain you don't understand what all this high res 800 x 600 nonsense is all about...

Your computer's length to depth ratio is 10 to 1...

You've been editing the same boot file for 33 years...

You went black and didn't go back...

You think it's not retro if you never stopped doing it.

You buy hardware you have no intention to use it, just because it was the cool think in 1986. Finally, it's yours. HELLO MY PRECIOUS!


User avatar
dilwyn
Mr QL
Posts: 1235
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby dilwyn » Fri May 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Dave wrote:You know you're a QLer when...

You think 640K is enough...

You complain you don't understand what all this high res 800 x 600 nonsense is all about...

Your computer's length to depth ratio is 10 to 1...

You've been editing the same boot file for 33 years...

You went black and didn't go back...

You think it's not retro if you never stopped doing it.

You buy hardware you have no intention to use it, just because it was the cool think in 1986. Finally, it's yours. HELLO MY PRECIOUS!

He he, like it!


Dilwyn
All things QL: see www.dilwyn.me.uk
martyn_hill
Gold Card
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:53 am

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby martyn_hill » Fri May 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Oh dear, so I AM a QLer after all...

I had been living in denial all this time :-)


Ralf R.

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Ralf R. » Fri May 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Dave wrote:

You've been editing the same boot file for 33 years...


Don't talk about Quanta....

:D :D


User avatar
Cristian
Gold Card
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Cristian » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 am

...you try to use two keys to delete something with your PC keyboard


User avatar
Outsoft
Super Gold Card
Posts: 584
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:30 pm
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Outsoft » Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Dave wrote:You know you're a QLer when...

You think 640K is enough...

You complain you don't understand what all this high res 800 x 600 nonsense is all about...

Your computer's length to depth ratio is 10 to 1...

You've been editing the same boot file for 33 years...

You went black and didn't go back...

You think it's not retro if you never stopped doing it.

You buy hardware you have no intention to use it, just because it was the cool think in 1986. Finally, it's yours. HELLO MY PRECIOUS!



Yes I'm a QLer with the difference that I've bought as "the cool think" in 2014 and I continue buy new QL's again and again and again ;)


adev
ROM Dongle
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby adev » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am

Cristian wrote:...you try to use two keys to delete something with your PC keyboard


Totally!

I just installed QL2K on my work PC, just for amusement's sake... first mistake on the command line & I'm wondering why "ctrl+windows-key" isn't deleting the characters! Suddenly I feel 25 years younger (it's great!)


User avatar
Cristian
Gold Card
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Cristian » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 am

adev wrote:Suddenly I feel 25 years younger (it's great!)

:)


User avatar
Derek_Stewart
Aurora
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire, UK

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby Derek_Stewart » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:53 am

adev wrote:
Cristian wrote:...you try to use two keys to delete something with your PC keyboard


Totally!

I just installed QL2K on my work PC, just for amusement's sake... first mistake on the command line & I'm wondering why "ctrl+windows-key" isn't deleting the characters! Suddenly I feel 25 years younger (it's great!)



Hi,

I have looking at QLAY2 and QL2K and while they are good attempts at QL emulation, they just do not deliver the correct environment for me.

I am assuming you are using Windows, so why not use QPC2, which is one of the best QL emulators giving upto date features. The other emulator I use is SMSQmulator, which is just as good, but requires the installation of Java.

I have a registered copy of Q-emulator, which is just as good as the other two, but requires spending money...


Regards,

Derek
User avatar
janbredenbeek
Trump Card
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:54 pm
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands

Re: You know you're a QLer when...

Postby janbredenbeek » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Derek_Stewart wrote:I have looking at QLAY2 and QL2K and while they are good attempts at QL emulation, they just do not deliver the correct environment for me.

I am assuming you are using Windows, so why not use QPC2, which is one of the best QL emulators giving upto date features. The other emulator I use is SMSQmulator, which is just as good, but requires the installation of Java.

I mostly use QPC2 too but occasionally QL2K, which has the advantage that it runs plain QDOS or Minerva ROMs and hence is a nice tool for testing whether code would run on original QLs (yes I do have them, but data exchange between environments is much easier if they are on the same physical machine).
Also QL2K and Q-emulator can be configured to use the original QL display aspect ratio, which has non-square pixels unlike most PC resolutions.
It's merely a choice between a nostalgic look-and-feel and performance.
I have a registered copy of Q-emulator, which is just as good as the other two, but requires spending money...

The registration page is still offline :(

Jan.



Return to “The Off-Topic Section”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest