My homepage (German) has been updated

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
ql_freak
Gold Card

My homepage (German) has been updated

Post by ql_freak »

The first GUI-version of the calculator with expression parser in my Python course is now released. The Beta version has been online for sometime. It worked, but there were a lot of mistakes in the explanation. I excuse for for that.

Screenshot

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: My homepage (German) has been updated

Post by Derek_Stewart »

ql_freak wrote:The first GUI-version of the calculator with expression parser in my Python course is now released. The Beta version has been online for sometime. It worked, but there were a lot of mistakes in the explanation. I excuse for for that.
Hi,

I was looking to port Python to the QL, what is the best version to attempt this.

Or maybe write a QL library that could run S*Basic programmes.

Regards,

Derek
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I was looking to port Python to the QL, what is the best version to attempt this.

Or maybe write a QL library that could run S*Basic programmes.
Hi Derek,

I would recommend the current stable version. Don't use Python 2. It is still often used, as Python 3 is not fully compatible with Python 2, e.g. print is now a function (you must e.g. use print(...) on Python 3 instead of print ...). But my Python course is for Python 3.

I think it should be easy to port Python itself (at least with a cross compiler on PC, because of long pathnames), but the problem is, that Python is only interesting if we also have TK, the graphics toolkit from TCL/TK which Tkinter (TK interface for Python) is using and which makes GUI-programming with Python so astonishingly easy. This would most probably be the most difficult thing. Else you could only run programs with TUI (Text User Interface), no GUI applications (like my calculator in the GUI version - there is also a TUI version).

BTW: Today I did some (hopefully) last minor corrections to the website and the Python 3 course.

GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Some minor corrections made on "Start Page" of Python (a new Link why Python is named "Python").

New videos on the music page ("Offizielle Musikvideos")