Sarcastic self-interview!

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Sarcastic self-interview!

Post by Dave »

So, Dave, where did you disappear to?

Well, funny you should ask! I had some health issues. I also ran out of money and ran into problems with my silent partner, who decided to fold the business. It was a tough time. Added to that, a few weeks ago I had a heart attack. Ironically, the heart op I had has left me for the first time in a couple of years with good energy and focus. Maybe my poor heart has been holding me back this entire time? Right now, I feel the best I have in YEARS.

Wow, Dave, that sucks! So, when will you get back to it?

Not so fast! I bit off way more than I could chew. I spent a lot of money and I have nothing to show for it. I'm a little embarrassed and ashamed too, that I got everyone's hopes up with my grand plans. I was really bummed at first and couldn't deal with it at all. Now, I'm just resigned to it and want to do something, just a single, simpler thing.

Bummer. So, what is it you'll do?

I don't know. I'm playing with some ideas, but nothing grand. I have so much stuff here that is easy to do. I have a bunch of mPlanes and a stack of Aurora parts. I also have some partly or mostly working prototypes. I just don't want to put too much pressure on myself or exceed my limits. So, I promise nothing, and if something does appear it'll be a bonus. It looks like people came in and filled the gap for QubIDE replacements so it won't be that. It's also great to see the new and much better driver is out in the world. That makes me happy, because it is a huge advance over the original driver. :D

So, that's what happened, that's where I've been and that's what I'm doing.

I won't be entertaining any requests for things - I will just report on my HOBBY ACTIVITIES and if anything useful comes of it, so be it. Health comes first. QLing comes about.... 17th.

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Sarcastic self-interview!

Post by NormanDunbar »

Glad to hear that you are feeling better, Dave.
Don't overdo things.
Get well soon.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Yeah, it's been rough. Today I had a heart stress test and I am *exhausted* so I'm turning in early.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Aaaaand... My exhaustion was the start of a chest infection! YAY!

You know that thing where you're in a generally weakened state, so other illnesses grab the opportunity?