Breakfast

Tell us about your other hobbies & none QL related items here :)
Ralf R.

Breakfast

Post by Ralf R. »

To remind me of lucky ferries in Gwyned I composed a Full English Breakfast today with all, including kidney. Was my 3rd stay in England after two Microfairs with a stay in a B&B in Guiltford, seems (like Sting otherwise says), I am an alien in Germany. Dilwyn has arranged original Porridge, which was wonderful.

Bridget loves it all, esp. the 5 o`clock tea cake (self made). We still preserve this here. Ok. we have a red english toaster, old blue english dishes and a genuine english tablet.

Last edited by Ralf R. on Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Breakfast

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi Ralf,

My father-in-law, always said that German food was really good, not sure about the breakfast.

Regards,

Derek
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

Hi Derek,

maybe, but nothing compares to a FEB. Be sure!

We had a B&B at a sheep willow in a tent at the Aglasta Farm. In the morning the sheeps were at the front of the tent, saying "Good Morning". What better can happened to you? This is England :D . After the ferry from NL to Felixstowe, Bridget wanted to sleep on a willow near Canterbury. And in the morning (5o'clock) we had sheeps in front of us, very nice.
Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi Ralf,

My father-in-law, always said that German food was really good, not sure about the breakfast.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

That looks lovely! Drooool

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

I've just woke up after doing a night turn and having just seen the picture at the top of this thread, I'm now feeling very hungry....

So off to get some food, so bye :mrgreen:

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

As Somerset Maugham said: "Nothing against english cooking, just have breakfast three times the day."

:mrgreen:

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

I remember Ralf travelling all the way from Germany to North Wales all those years ago. When he arrived, he just wanted strong coffee (not cooked breakfast) at the time :-)

Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

Yes ;) , I had fog all the way, except in the Midlands, where I had a good breakfast at a "Little Chef" (Dilwyn's recommendation because of nice little waitresses...he was damned right :D )

That was my first ferry to Wales, the stories above were the 2nd time, also a visit in Gwyned. I will never forget the meal in the indian restaurant, the very spicy meal :mrgreen: when I visited Dilwyn the first time.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Ralf R. wrote:Yes ;) , I had fog all the way, except in the Midlands, where I had a good breakfast at a "Little Chef" (Dilwyn's recommendation because of nice little waitresses...he was damned right :D )
I deny it all...I would never say anything that sexist, Ralf :D
Ralf R. wrote: That was my first ferry to Wales, the stories above were the 2nd time, also a visit in Gwyned. I will never forget the meal in the indian restaurant, the very spicy meal :mrgreen: when I visited Dilwyn the first time.
He he. Well, I'm sure Marcel would also remember his birthday meal when he and Jochen visited many years ago. It was Marcel's birthday while he was here, so we went to Tesco to get him a birthday cake. I think Jochen got stopped at the checkouts for trying to buy too many paracetamol tablets (he didn't know there was a limit to how many he was allowed to buy in one go). Then, we went on a trip to an underground power station, which Darren alleged was only there to provide power for all my computers at the time.

Then when we defrosted the birthday cake and put candles on it, I think they sank into the cake, or the cake just collapsed (can't remember which). I also made the mistake of taking him to an Indian restaurant with Jochen and Darren Branagh, but I didn't know Marcel didn't like Indian food. Oops.

chriskgnr
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by chriskgnr »

Woah! That IS a breakfast! :D And breakfast is the most important (let's say)meal of the day!
Here, too lazy in the morning. Just a cup of greek coffee and maybe a croissant... 8-)