Hi all from the Netherlands

Introduce yourself here!
zeccie
ROM Dongle

Hi all from the Netherlands

Post by zeccie »

Hi all,

My name is Chris Zeinstra (39), living in the upper part in the Netherlands (Groningen). My history with the QL goes a long way back to the eighties. My brother owned a ZX81 and ZX Spectrum and after playing and programming on those machines I could convince my parents to buy a QL (JM version). At that time they were being dumped at much lower prices. I really loved the machine, except when that horrible Bad or Changed Medium error appeared after the Microdrives had been running for more than a minute and suddenly stopped ;) . Anyway, I recently bought a QL (again a JM version) in good condition and it brought back some good old memories.

Of course I have been playing with some emulators throughout the years. I saw a post about an iPad running Qlay (I think). I was wondering if anybody ever considered trying to build an emulator written in Java, so it could be run on an Android with some modifications. As far as I know, the Apple App store prohibits emulation software. If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to contribute. I have a lot of experience with Java programming, being a CS lecturer at the university. I know it would be a big project, but a lot of code already exists and needs to be ported to Java.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hi all from the Netherlands

Post by vanpeebles »

Hello and a warm welcome :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Hi all from the Netherlands

Post by vanpeebles »

New topic made in the emulation section as requested :)