Greeting from Pedro Reina

Introduce yourself here!
PedroReina
ROM Dongle

Greeting from Pedro Reina

Post by PedroReina »

Hi all.

I'm Pedro Reina, 54, from Spain. My first and second computers were Sinclair QL. About ten years of hard use; I brought lots of expansions, software and magazines. I see in this forum friends from that time.

Then I brought standard PC hardware and since about 1996 I'm a free software advocate and use mainly Linux.

A few weeks ago a sold my QL hardware and QL magazines so a few retro computers lovers can enjoy the Sinclair QL I had in a closet.

But now I've instaled an emulator on my Linux box and I would like to refresh some of my memories. ¡Good times that with my QLs!

My bigger interest is in programming. Still in my website there is software I wrote for the Sinclair QL: applications and framework.

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Greeting from Pedro Reina

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome to the forum, you are also our 300th member!! *fanfare* Sadly no prizes though! :D

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Welcome, Pedro!

I like the red racing stripes on the QL manual in your pictures - Did Investronica add those?

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
PedroReina
ROM Dongle

Post by PedroReina »

tofro wrote:Did Investronica add those?
Yes, they did. Spanish touch, may be?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Love the look of that QL manual (I agree) :)

Would be interesting to know what was on those ROM cartridges - one is a version of QLC, but the other.... Maybe the person who purchased the stuff could do a dump of the ROM contents...

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I have seen your software as well - some more to be added to the Sinclair QL Homepage if you don't mind :)

PedroReina
ROM Dongle

Post by PedroReina »

RWAP wrote:Maybe the person who purchased the stuff could do a dump of the ROM contents...
I'm afraid of copyright issues, but if you think it's OK, I could ask him to do the dump.

Any clue what can be in that ROM?

PedroReina
ROM Dongle

Post by PedroReina »

RWAP wrote:some more to be added to the Sinclair QL Homepage if you don't mind :)
Of course I don't mind :)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

PedroReina wrote:
RWAP wrote:Maybe the person who purchased the stuff could do a dump of the ROM contents...
I'm afraid of copyright issues, but if you think it's OK, I could ask him to do the dump.

Any clue what can be in that ROM?
Copyright is a problem, but we are storing them for the QL preservation project - who is the buyer if you don't mind saying (pm me).... If necessary I would be willing to purchase the two ROM carts from the buyer.

Was there no manual or anything? Certainly I have never heard of hte QLC implementation.

PedroReina
ROM Dongle

Post by PedroReina »

RWAP wrote:If necessary I would be willing to purchase the two ROM carts from the buyer.
I'm quite sure that the buyer don't want to sell that ROMs, sorry.
RWAP wrote:Was there no manual or anything? Certainly I have never heard of hte QLC implementation.
Yes, the QL-C ROM has a manual. May be from Metacomco, not sure, 'cause I sold the manual too.

The JF one is a mistery to me in this moment.