Nearer to 300

Introduce yourself here!
scudderfish
ROM Dongle

Nearer to 300

Post by scudderfish »

I saw a link here in a post on G+, had a quick look for 3D Slime and saw a thread saying the board was nearly at 300 members so I thought it churlish not to register.

I still have my QL, but it hasn't been powered for many years. It's a JS ROM that I bought from Boots for £150 and got a Sinclair TV bundled in as well :D I spent a large amount of my youth bashing away at it, networking with my Spectrums and I had a program published in Sinclair QL World. Unfortunately at Uni I spurned my Sinclair history (81, couple of Spectrums, 512k QL) for a loud and brash Amiga A500.

Now I still have a soft spot for them all (although I still maintain with vigour that the Speccy was a much better machine than the C64) and I'm still in software for my day job. Sinclair is probably responsible for that.

Regards,
Dave

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Re: Nearer to 300

Post by vanpeebles »

A warm welcome to the forum. Time to dust off the QL and fire it up? We have lots of speccy fans on here too! :ugeek:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forums - for a minute I thought maybe you were the author of 3D Slime... It is preserved, but still subject to copyright and we cannot find the copyright holder or what happened to the publisher :(

What program did you have published for Sinclair QL World, and more importantly, can we have your permission to add it to the Sinclair QL Homepage please (as freeware) ?

scudderfish
ROM Dongle

Post by scudderfish »

RWAP wrote:Welcome to the forums - for a minute I thought maybe you were the author of 3D Slime... It is preserved, but still subject to copyright and we cannot find the copyright holder or what happened to the publisher :(

What program did you have published for Sinclair QL World, and more importantly, can we have your permission to add it to the Sinclair QL Homepage please (as freeware) ?
It was called The Business Game and it was in an issue with a guy dressed in black swinging on a rope on the cover and you are welcome to it :) There was also a Spectrum client (networked with an Interface 1) but the source to that is long gone.

scudderfish
ROM Dongle

Post by scudderfish »

scudderfish wrote:
RWAP wrote:Welcome to the forums - for a minute I thought maybe you were the author of 3D Slime... It is preserved, but still subject to copyright and we cannot find the copyright holder or what happened to the publisher :(

It was called The Business Game and it was in an issue with a guy dressed in black swinging on a rope on the cover and you are welcome to it :) There was also a Spectrum client (networked with an Interface 1) but the source to that is long gone.
It was this issue