Ql microdrive cartridges

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
Traindriver69
Chuggy Microdrive

Ql microdrive cartridges

Post by Traindriver69 »

Hi all
I am waiting on delivery of my first ql but have got no microdrive cartridges to use on it.

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Re: Ql microdrive cartridges

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi, try to check on rwap web site sellmyretro.com or ask directly to Rich on this forum , other good place is also on ebay.
Ciao!
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The problem is the lack of availability of cartridges which have had the felt pad replaced.

There are bundles of used cartridges on sellmyretro.com some of which may work for a while, but without replacing the felt pad, there is a very high risk that they will fall apart as soon as you use them - the main danger is that part of the felt pad goes inside the cartridge itself and jams the tape...

That is why I would not recommend anyone spends the huge prices for some of hte software currently on ebay (and why I have not listed any of my second hand stock of software at the moment) - the last few times I have sold second hand software on cartridge, I have had to send 5 or 6 working cartridges to the customer before one got to them in good working condition!

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I'd like to add that I have a LARGE batch of RWAP's cartridges here that all have the pads replaced. I've been trying to get them to Rich, but there's too many urgent holes that needed filling. The last holes are being filled now, and I hope to get those shipped to him soon. Then he'll be able to recover some software, and for many of these cartridges, format them and make them available for sale.

I apologise to him and to you all that it's taking so long to get everything sorted out. Going out of business, nearly losing our home and needing reliable transportation to get to my new work all got in the way.

Life.