Wanted: Issue 7 QL PCB.

Looking for that hard to find item? Post here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Wanted: Issue 7 QL PCB.

Postby RWAP » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes! If you send me a paypal invoice to dave@sinclairql.com when you know the amount, I'll pay right away.

And you begin your search for an odd shaped box!

Invoice sent

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Boom! Issue 7 and repairable Issue 5 on the way. Now I have a 7 to test against and a spare Issue 5 since that seems to be the main platform. My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!

robheaton
Site Admin

Postby robheaton » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 am

Dave wrote:My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!

:D

Current Retro Hardware :-
ZX80 Clone, ZX81 + Chroma + ZXPand + Zeddynet, Just Speccy 128, BB Sinclair QL + Trump Card Clone, Aurora + Super GC + QubIDE.
BBC Model B 32k + Datacenter + Z80 Tube, BBC Master 128k + Datacenter & 6502 Tube.
Commodore 64.
Paul
Gold Card

Postby Paul » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:51 am

Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes!

I am just curious. Wouldn't a change of socket type or the addition of sockets where ic were soldered directly change the timing/sensibility to ripple compared to what sinclair sold originally?
If so I wouldn't change these in a reference system.
Kind regards Paul

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Postby vanpeebles » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:33 am

Dave wrote:My Issue 5 is more cranky than vanpeebles when the beer delivery is late!

:o :lol:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Paul wrote:
Dave wrote:Well, those sockets are crap and I usually replace them anyway, so yes!

I am just curious. Wouldn't a change of socket type or the addition of sockets where ic were soldered directly change the timing/sensibility to ripple compared to what sinclair sold originally?
If so I wouldn't change these in a reference system.
Kind regards Paul

The sockets I use to replace them are a cheap bladed type that have similar electrical characteristics. Because I often have to remove/replace components, the socket's weakness of just not making good contact happens often. Since I've played a lot with CPU upgrades, the sockets wear out quickly.

Those cheap red sockets, I've literally had the red plastic fall off the spring clips. Also, the socket is a different height to the 8301 socket, which is so dumb it makes it difficult to do any kind of fitted board across the CPU and any other socket.

Return to “Wanted”