QLs & accessories for sale

Sell your QL items here!
crhorstmann
ROM Dongle

QLs & accessories for sale

Post by crhorstmann »

Hello,

I've just joined this forum partly to find out if anyone is interested in buying the following items.
1 AH QL, power supply, scart lead, network lead, toolkit 2
1 JS QL with gold card, power supply, scart lead, network lead - original box available
1 QL modem
1 1 QL twin floppy disc drive
Brother m1009 dot matrix printer together with some unopened ribbons and serial lead for connection to QL
Numerous microdrives
Lots of software on floppy and on microdrives e.g. games and a lot more serious stuff.
Manual for the QL and other manuals for e.g. C compiler

I have had the AH QL since QLs were first available and the JS one about a year later. Both of them are in excellent cosmetic condition.
I tried both QLs today...one boots to the monitor/tv screen and goes no further. One doesn't even do that although both QLs have their power light on. The powers supplies are OK. Before storing them both were OK. If anyone has any thoughts on how to get them working I'd be pleased to here and might find some time to try out relatively simple ideas. As the machines aren't working I can't test any of the other hardware or software. The one that boots to the tv/monitor selection screen gives a lovely crisp display on a modern scart 22" LCD tv.

As I am moving shortly I have to get rid of them - the whole collection fills a box approximately 450mm x 450mm x 550mm.

Hopefully there is someone here who can help...otherwise they are just going to increase England's landfill. Sad really as I have always thought they were superb machines.

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: QLs & accessories for sale

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Hi crhorstmann, welcome to the forum, have you tried starting either machines up without any peripherals connected, this may make a difference.

Also, it maybe that the membranes for the keyboard have cracked and this means that not all the keys will work including the F1/F2 keys, fortunately replacements can be obtained from here http://www.sellmyretro.com/search/natur ... =membranes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Otherwise I may be interested in acquiring these from you :-)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I'd be interested in buying any games plus the gold card (depending on price)

crhorstmann
ROM Dongle

Post by crhorstmann »

Thanks for the replies so far!
Mr_navigator, other than the gold card no other peripherals were attached.
Rich, I can't PM you (I'm too new on the site it says)...in principle I'm happy with your "unseen" offer - as soon as I have a bit of time I'll try to list the software then you can decide if you want it all or would let vanpeebles share in the spoils. As I can't PM you I'll try to email you.

For anyone interested in the history of computer games I have something unique available. The "original" Adventure game also known as Colossal Cave was written by Will Crowther and Don Woods in 1975-76 originally in Fortran for a PDP-10 computer. I've never managed to get hold of the Fortran source code but did find a version of it in Pascal which I translated into QL SuperBasic. As far as I know this is the only instance of Adventure for the QL.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The Adventure was originally sold by Sinclair Research Limited - see
http://www.rwapadventures.com/ql_wiki/i ... re&lang=en

However it would be interesting to see the SuperBASIC version you transferred :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

That does sound good :geek:

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

crhorstmann wrote:...in principle I'm happy with your "unseen" offer - as soon as I have a bit of time I'll try to list the software then you can decide if you want it all or would let vanpeebles share in the spoils. As I can't PM you I'll try to email you.
By all means we could share the software - there is a long list of titles I am trying to preserve though (see http://www.qlforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42)

twellys
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by twellys »

I am also interested in the Gold Card providing the others are not.

Tim

crhorstmann
ROM Dongle

Post by crhorstmann »

Just to let everyone know RWAP now has the lot!!