QL-SD Prototype @50GBP

Sell your QL items here!
Paul
Gold Card

Re: QL-SD Prototype @50GBP

Post by Paul »

The Goldcard and Supergoldcard introduce additional noise into the QL.

Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

Paul wrote:The Goldcard and Supergoldcard introduce additional noise into the QL.

I've imagined something similar...and so is not good.

And what about the WCOPY option on the TK2, works with your interface?

Thanks for all suggestions.

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

Ranma_Simon wrote: And what about the WCOPY option on the TK2, works with your interface?

Thanks for all suggestions.
What makes you think there might be a problem with WCOPY? Or TK2 in general?
Any hints for problems?

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

You may actually find that the QL-SD Interface works with your particular Gold Card / Super Gold Card - I know we tried one of the prototypes at a QL show a couple of years ago, and whilst it didn't work with one Super Gold Card, it seemed to work fine with another...

As for Toolkit II - Simone, yes, it will work with the QL-SD - I wonder if the question is more to do with whether the commands are available. They are not built into the interface, but would of course still be useable if you have a disk interface connected (ie you use the toolkit commands built into the disk interface).

You could also download the configurable Toolkit II from Dilwyn's site and add the file to the SD card and then just use RESPR, LBYTES and CALL to load it into memory from the card.

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

Tk2 is already on the SD Card and in the boot file.

belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Hi Paul, I've encountered a little issue when I use Wcopy or Wdel commands: doesn't appear the multiply questions ( Y, N, A, Q) but only the flash cursor that accept only Break ...I try to post a picture of the issue asap so you could see ;-)
cheers
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
belg4rion67
Trump Card

Post by belg4rion67 »

Ok, I have tried some tips and I think that microdrive use is the problem....if after boot, I use ramdisk to copy files from or to sdc1, all commands start with W work fine, if I use as source or destination mdv1 commands don't work.
I haven't a floppy interface so I think that with that kind of interface all work well!
Bye
Paolo

Only original hardware! :)
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Post by Outsoft »

belg4rion67 wrote:Hi Paul, I've encountered a little issue when I use Wcopy or Wdel commands: doesn't appear the multiply questions ( Y, N, A, Q) but only the flash cursor that accept only Break ...I try to post a picture of the issue asap so you could see ;-)
cheers
Paolo
Is that problem that I mean ;)

And the another that Paolo told you ^_^

So can work on GC and SGC too...ehm...interesting...

Paul
Gold Card

Post by Paul »

Ranma_Simon wrote:So can work on GC and SGC too...ehm...interesting...
It should read "So might work on GC and SGC too..."

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

You might be at risk here :)

I have one Super GC and one GC here. Without modifications, none of them worked out of the box with QL-SD. After a bit of fiddling with added RC filters and pull-downs, I could at least get the SGC to work reliably with QL-SD in one of my QLs. Whether it works or not, is apparently depending on the QL issue as well - Earlier models surprisingly seem to work better, IMHO. Out of 3 QLs, the one that works best is a very early MGG. The others seem to work well for some time with the SGC + QL-SD, but develop intermediate write errors after several hours of running (which can unfortunately destroy the file system image beyond readability, so you want that to work "rock solid").

You shouldn't just assume "it might work" - If it does, you're lucky, but you'd better assume it won't. (This is not blaming the QL-SD itself, rather more the very bad combined signal quality of the QL and the (S)GC, which seemingly push the original QL's design to the limits)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO