Q-Tron

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
RWAP
RWAP Master

Q-Tron

Post by RWAP »

This is an interesting game which is marked Axel Berle (c) 1987 Gallic Digital

It looks as though it might have been a microdrive exchange program published by Sinclair QL World although does anyone else have any more details?

It is machine code and fast and furious - you have to shoot marauding aliens as they zoom around the woods. It also has a really nice title screen with the letters Q-Tron bouncing up and down individually.
Title screen for Sinclair QL Q-Tron by Axel Berle
Title screen for Sinclair QL Q-Tron by Axel Berle
QTron-startup.gif (9.25 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
Screenshot of Q-Tron in action..
Screenshot of Q-Tron in action..
QTron-screenshot.gif (9.54 KiB) Viewed 5594 times

axelberle
ROM Dongle

Re: Q-Tron

Post by axelberle »

Hi guys!

I am the author of this game, I wrote it when I still was a boy (17 years old), living in Belgium. Unfortunately the story behind it is not so great. I spent over a year writing it, in assembler, can you believe it? I sold it to that magazine, and they promised a cut (I don't remember the percentage, I think 25%), but they never paid me a penny. We wrote a couple of letters to the magazine, but they just ignored us...

After a few years, I was already studying Computer Science in Germany when I received a letter from a fan, who got to the last level of the game, where I published my home address. She was a girl, and she even sent me a picture.

Maybe you could send me a few screenshots, I don't remember how it looked like!

Regards,

Axel

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Welcome to the forum! :)

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Welcome to the forum. Axel - if you agree to this being released as freeware, we can add it to the Sinclair QL Homepage.

In any case, send me a pm with your email address and I will sort out a version for you to play in an emulator

I don't know what happened to the original screenshots in my first post! :D

Rich

Sparrowhawk
Super Gold Card

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I bought this from microdrive exchange at the time. Crazy fast game as I remember :)

a.k.a. Jean-Yves
fiskus
ROM Dongle

Post by fiskus »

Hello. I'm new to the forum and was wondering if there was ever any update regarding availability of 'Q-Tron'. I bought this game in the early '90's, loved it, and I've been looking for it ever since. Thanks.

t0nyt
Gold Card

Post by t0nyt »

I got a working copy of this on MDV with my QL when I purchased it

Am waiting for my floppy cables and/or vDrive to arrive so I can try and make a safe backup before the MDV fails

Haven't been able to find out much about it on the web, other than what's in this thread!

I don't know what the copyright position is