Talent Graphics Toolkit

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: Talent Graphics Toolkit

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

Looks like I am a slow typer...

I had a look at the last listing, found some some errors:

"1" was inserted into a variable name instead of a "l"
"l" for a 1 in an increment
In the edit_s procedure, the move_points procedure should be move_pt

I will check all the rest of the programme listing and post it when I can get it working.

Regards,

Derek
vezhlys
ROM Dongle

Post by vezhlys »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

No, I just had motivation yesterday to finish it :D, but, it looks like I've made lots of typos.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

LRUN flp1_graphic_toolkit_bas

OR
LOAD flp1_graphic_toolkit_bas
RUN

Oddly yes, QPC2 reports invalid channel ID - oddly only since I added the WINDOW 448,200,32,16 command near the start (so you can delete that command if you want to run it on QPC2 or just use GOTO 1020).

Does anyone know why this is - it seems to interfere with the simple loop:

Code: Select all

FOR a=0 TO 2:PAPER #a,0:BORDER #a,0
- in fact after WINDOW 448,200,32,16, PAPER #1,3 reports invalid channel ID !!

Q-emuLator works as expected

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi,

I had a look at the last listing, found some some errors:

"1" was inserted into a variable name instead of a "l"
"l" for a 1 in an increment
In the edit_s procedure, the move_points procedure should be move_pt

I will check all the rest of the programme listing and post it when I can get it working.
Please base it on my latest upload!!

There must be a couple of typos in there - but as DIlwyn says, this is always one of the challenges of typing in from a magazine....

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Right I think I have tracked down the rest of the bugs - there were a couple of places where selection became se1ection (ie one used instead of L).

I also fixed a bug in the original - line 1090 needs to be

1090 sell = selection
Otherwise when you change something on a sub-menu, the option remains selected when you move off it.

It also now works on QPC2 (I moved the WINDOW command down a little bit) - still need to resolve why that stops PAPER #1,0 working!

If no-one finds any other bugs, this can be uploaded to Dilwyn's site :D
Attachments
GRAPHIC_TOOLKIT.zip
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

vezhlys
ROM Dongle

Post by vezhlys »

Fixed more mistakes. Now it draws a star by default :).

1450 g_val pres_frm,2 (was g_val pres_frm=7)
1570 UPDATE_FRACTAL_MENU selection,mode_:scrn=0 (was 1)
2630 PAPER #3,2:INK #3,0:CSIZE #3,2,0:CLS #3 (was PAPER #3,0)
2660 PAPER #3,0:INK #3,7:CSIZE #3,1,0 :CLS #3 (was PAPER#3,0,1)
2820 IF i$=CHR$(32) THEN selection=pos:EXIT loop2 (was loop)
3170 OPEN #9,scr_200x196a36x18 (was 200x296)
3510 AT #8,0,12+LEN(form$):PRINT #8;' ':AT #8,0,1:PRINT #8;' ':AT #8,0,44:CLS #8,4 (was 8,0,12,+LEN)
4630 END DEFine change_frm (was hange_frm)
6760 OPEN #3,scr_512x256a0x0:PAPER #3,7,0,1:CLS #3:CLOSE #3 (was PAPER #3,7,0:CLS)
fixed data:
7730 DATA 10,90,10,30,10,150,10,90
7850 DATA 10,45,10,135,10,45,10,315,10,45,10,135,10,225,10,135,10,45,10,135
Lost keys in description
20001 DATA " Use (CRTL+SHIFT+6) and (CTRL+SHIFT+-) to select option. Press SPACE to choose...."
20009 DATA " Use (CTRL+\) and (CTRL+]) to view options. Press SPACE to select...."
20011 DATA " Use (CTRL+SHIFT+6), (CTRL+SHIFT+-), (CTRL+\), (CTRL+]) and ALT to move the point. PRESS SPACE to fix...."
20012 DATA " Use (CTRL+\) and (CTRL+]) to change points. PRESS SPACE to move points or ESC to return to menu....."
Attachments
GRAPHIC_TOOLKIT_bas.zip
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 134 times

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vezhlys wrote: Lost keys in description
20001 DATA " Use (CRTL+SHIFT+6) and (CTRL+SHIFT+-) to select option. Press SPACE to choose...."
20009 DATA " Use (CTRL+\) and (CTRL+]) to view options. Press SPACE to select...."
20011 DATA " Use (CTRL+SHIFT+6), (CTRL+SHIFT+-), (CTRL+\), (CTRL+]) and ALT to move the point. PRESS SPACE to fix...."
20012 DATA " Use (CTRL+\) and (CTRL+]) to change points. PRESS SPACE to move points or ESC to return to menu....."

I changed those - they are NOT supposed to appear in the listing as CTRL+SHIFT+6 etc but as the actual character symbols you get (on QDOS) by pressing those key combinations - otherwise it makes no sense, as you do not press CTRL+SHIFT+6 to move up a menu, but the up cursor key.

When viewed in a PC editor, you do not see the correct QL symbols, but that doesn't matter.

This was actually an improvement as you can simply exit the main loop when space is pressed rather than exiting loop2 and then checking again if space was pressed to exit loop.

Reverting those changes gives us the attached version which now appears to run nicely... Any other bugs in the program?
Attachments
GRAPHIC_TOOLKIT.zip
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

vezhlys
ROM Dongle

Post by vezhlys »

RWAP wrote: I changed those - they are NOT supposed to appear in the listing as CTRL+SHIFT+6 etc but as the actual character symbols you get (on QDOS) by pressing those key combinations - otherwise it makes no sense, as you do not press CTRL+SHIFT+6 to move up a menu, but the up cursor key.
I realized that after my post. Thank you.
RWAP wrote:

This was actually an improvement as you can simply exit the main loop when space is pressed rather than exiting loop2 and then checking again if space was pressed to exit loop.
I thought that it may have been improvement from your side but didn't find comments.
RWAP wrote: Any other bugs in the program?
I think I am done unless other pair of eyes will go through the code again. There is one questionable line 4380 which repeats second part of 4370. Not sure if it was really on purpose. I believe there's space for code improvement as well, it had some repetitions. But other than that it works quite nice currently. BTW, what is the shortcut to close the application?

Additionally, Derek Stewart was working on his own type in version.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

RWAP wrote:
Does anyone know why this is - it seems to interfere with the simple loop:

FOR a=0 TO 2:PAPER #a,0:BORDER #a,0
- in fact after WINDOW 448,200,32,16, PAPER #1,3 reports invalid channel ID !!

Q-emuLator works as expected
This is fixed in QPC2 v4.05 :D

The short keys (CTRL SHIFT - and CTRL ] ) also work properly in QPC2 v4.05 although CTRL \ still does not produce the left arrow

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

vezhlys wrote: I think I am done unless other pair of eyes will go through the code again. There is one questionable line 4380 which repeats second part of 4370. Not sure if it was really on purpose. I believe there's space for code improvement as well, it had some repetitions. But other than that it works quite nice currently. BTW, what is the shortcut to close the application?
Line 4380 can indeed be deleted

I don't think there is currently any method to quit the application other than using CTRL SPACE to break the SuperBASIC