Classic Adventures

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Classic Adventures

Post by dilwyn »

John Jones-Steele, who ran Abersoft in the 1980s, has given permission for the Classic Adventures package to be released as freeware.

The package includes two text adventure games, "The Adventure" and "Mordon's Quest". The first is based on the famous adventure game by Crowther and Woods, the first of its kind, while the second is a loosely- related but original sequel. Both should run on an unexpanded QL and are configured to run from MDV1. Use up and down cursor keys in the boot program to select which adventure you want or the clone program, then press SPACE to start the option selected.

No manual so I have added a short review from QL World magazine plus a couple of screen dumps.
theadventure_screenshot.gif
mordonsquest_screenshot.gif
It's available to download from my site's Adventure Games page at http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/games/adventures/index.html

RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: Classic Adventures

Post by RWAP »

I have scanned the manual - it is attached as a jpg - although I have sent a link to the tif version to Dilwyn also (too big to upload here), so someone else can OCR it easily

OK - the jpg is only page 1 of the scan - the tif is page 1 and 2...
Attachments
Abersoft - Classic Adventures Manual.jpg

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:I have scanned the manual - it is attached as a jpg - although I have sent a link to the tif version to Dilwyn also (too big to upload here), so someone else can OCR it easily

OK - the jpg is only page 1 of the scan - the tif is page 1 and 2...
OCRed this from the JPEG and put it up as just these pages for now, but as I can't download from where Rich stores these, it will have to wait until I get the second JPEG. I've already spent several hours on this today and can't spare any more time.

Shame so few packages for my site come in ready made, would speed up getting stuff online considerably.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

The full manual (stored as a tif) can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/m53295z2ravs3 ... l.tif?dl=0

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

Oh that is no good - still only shows 1 page - although some online OCR software saw it as 2 pages - probably how WIndows copes with a multi page tif!

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Well, after a very trying day with this package, finally done. If you downloaded the manual before the time of this message, please download it again as the missing pages should be there now.

For some reason I just couldn't download the TIF file from the dropbox, only the JPEG. But the JPEG only showed the first four pages as the second set of four pages was the second page of the TIFF file. After much effort on the part of Rich and I, should be complete now.