Network Access Server - NAServe

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Martin_Head
Aurora

Network Access Server - NAServe

Post by Martin_Head »

This is a Network Access Server for the Black Box QL. It performs a similar function to FSERVE, but blocks access to devices and files on the server. Unless they are specifically shared.

It has been back ported from my IP Network Device driver. And includes a few other Network improvements from that driver. And I have also included a preliminary manual.

This is a beta version, and I would appreciate any feedback. I have been testing with a Trump Card and a Gold Card, using SMSQ/E and JS Roms.

The program currently makes an assumption about the location of a device drivers linkage block. So I would like to know if causes problems with other QL setups. (Thor’s, QXL cards, etc)
Attachments
NAServer004.zip
(124.74 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

martyn_hill
Aurora

Re: Network Access Server - NAServe

Post by martyn_hill »

Very nice piece of software, Martin - thank you!

With more new-old users coming back to the original QL, I reckon the native networking of the QL will start to get more use :-)

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

There has not been any feedback about problems. So, working on the principle of, No news is good news. I will give it a few more days, Then slap V1.00 on it, do a manual, and release it with the source code.

Martin_Head
Aurora

Post by Martin_Head »

OK so here is Version 1.00

The Zip file contains NAServe itself, The source code, And a manual in Open Office & PDF formats.
Attachments
NAServe100.zip
(148.47 KiB) Downloaded 120 times