QBase and Minerva.

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
daniel_baum
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: QBase and Minerva.

Post by daniel_baum »

Hi all,

I think I finally got my development environment fully set up on the Mist SD-QL card. I am using the 896K Mist core because this is the minimum which allows me to load all the extensions, QPac2 and MasterBasic.

It was quite time consuming, even using Wolfgang Lenerz' QXLWin Reader program to transfer files to the SD card file.

I think with the constant too and fro-ing I actually managed to corrupt the SD file system, leading to a very unstable system that lost files randomly, Things settled down when I copied all of the files to an empty SD card file, and also when I discovered Toolkit II version 2.31, which gives a much more SMSQ/E like experience, so thanks Marcel :)

Anyway, I have almost finished getting the older, non PE version of QBase to work on the Minerva. It turns out that that version was SMSQ/E only too.

One problem is that the Menu Extensions absolutely have to have an OUTLN, otherwise they don't work at all. The only way I could get this was by loading Easyptr just for this, which seems a bit of a waste. Other minor issues are that local variables in SMSQ/E apparently are automatically initialised to 0, whereas under Minerva they have a value of "*". (Please remember I wrote this in 1998...)

One question, the old version QBase uses an extension called Edits_bin. Does anyone know where this is from? It appears to make my system unstable and I either need to update it or replace it.

Once this is done I'll work some more on the new PE version with Bob's workaround.

Thanks,

Daniel

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

BSJR wrote:Like the original MWINDOW there is no need to unset the window. The next DO or HIT in the MCALL loop will automatically reset the channel
Ah, excellent! :)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

daniel_baum wrote:One problem is that the Menu Extensions absolutely have to have an OUTLN, otherwise they don't work at all. The only way I could get this was by loading Easyptr just for this, which seems a bit of a waste.
Looking for something unrelated, I came across the following: Qmenu, at least in its original, commercial, form, was always accompanied by a small extension called (you guessed it) outln_rext, 290b. You'll probably find it on Dilwyn's site.

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
daniel_baum
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by daniel_baum »

pjw wrote:
daniel_baum wrote:One problem is that the Menu Extensions absolutely have to have an OUTLN, otherwise they don't work at all. The only way I could get this was by loading Easyptr just for this, which seems a bit of a waste.
Looking for something unrelated, I came across the following: Qmenu, at least in its original, commercial, form, was always accompanied by a small extension called (you guessed it) outln_rext, 290b. You'll probably find it on Dilwyn's site.

Meanwhile, I think that the EDITS_bin extension was probably the Editline$ extension from the DIY Toolkit, possibly typed in by me in the 1990s. It's been updated and improved since then, so I adopted the new version.

I now have the original, non-PE version of QBase working nicely (but rather slowly...) on Minerva or my Mist.

D.