QL Serial Transfers to a PC

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

QL Serial Transfers to a PC

Post by Outsoft »

Another request ;)

The best program for transfer QL files from SER2H to a PC serial via Terminal emulation or other PC programs?

I would like to make a backup of my Winny directly on my PC via Serial at 9600 baud.

And viceversa.

Thanks.

Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QL Serial Transfers to a PC

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Outsoft wrote:Another request ;)

The best program for transfer QL files from SER2H to a PC serial via Terminal emulation or other PC programs?

I would like to make a backup of my Winny directly on my PC via Serial at 9600 baud.

And viceversa.

Thanks.
Hi Simone,

If you are using the Extended Environment, i.e. Pointer Interface. Use QTPI, which supports Zmodem batch transfers. Xmodem, only obe file can be sent.

I used to connect SER2 port to another PC with QPC2 via a standard null modem lead, load in SIMSER on the QL and use SERNET on SER2 to connect to the QPC2 and send all the files over the SERNET link, this took a few days.

Do you not know anyone with a QXL, which could connect to the QL via the QL Network.

Regards,

Derek
Outsoft
Super Gold Card

Re: QL Serial Transfers to a PC

Post by Outsoft »

Derek_Stewart wrote:
Outsoft wrote:Another request ;)

And viceversa.

Thanks.
Hi Simone,

If you are using the Extended Environment, i.e. Pointer Interface. Use QTPI, which supports Zmodem batch transfers. Xmodem, only obe file can be sent.

I used to connect SER2 port to another PC with QPC2 via a standard null modem lead, load in SIMSER on the QL and use SERNET on SER2 to connect to the QPC2 and send all the files over the SERNET link, this took a few days.

Do you not know anyone with a QXL, which could connect to the QL via the QL Network.
I was thinking to use a Terminal program like Tera Term.

But I don't know How to send a file via QTPI without being connected on a BBS ;)