Mouse resolution

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Mouse resolution

Post by Dave »

Silly question... I do not use any kind of mouse system or window/desktop system on QLs because I don't like any of them or how they work under the hood. That said, I've done some new mouse interface hardware.

How flexible is the mouse sensitivity? If you use an optical mouse with, say, 2400 DPI resolution, do you have a way in your settings to adjust the mouse sensitivity? How does that compare with an old school ball-on-table mouse?

What do you use now? An Amiga or ST compatible mouse? How many buttons?

NormanDunbar
Forum Moderator

Re: Mouse resolution

Post by NormanDunbar »

Evening Dave,

I have a wireless mouse (or moose as we Jocks call them) and it has various resolutions. I can't recall the exact make and model but I could probably find out if necessary. Anyway it has about 3 different resolutions and I use the lowest one, whatever it is!

If I power it off, I need to press and hold two buttons for 3 seconds to switch through the 3 settings. That annoys me,maybe because I don't do coordination very well these days! ;) If I leave it powered on, it sleeps after 3 minutes idle time and retains the last used settings on next wake up. Handy.

All this, however, is on my Linux laptop running Mint 18 with QPC.

Cheers,
Norm.

Why do they put lightning conductors on churches?
Author of Arduino Software Internals
Author of Arduino Interrupts

No longer on Twitter, find me on https://mastodon.scot/@NormanDunbar.
BSJR
Trump Card

Re: Mouse resolution

Post by BSJR »

[quote="Dave"(...)
What do you use now? An Amiga or ST compatible mouse? How many buttons?[/quote]
On my Aurora's I use some old serial PC 3-button ball mouses on SuperHermes port 5, up to 1024x768 resolutions. But I have to set the QPAC2 Acceleration to the max 9 setting to move from left to right without running out of mouse mat.
On my QL with Qimi I still use the Kempston 2-button mouse it came with, also on the 9 setting.
My QPC2 machine has an optical usb scroll-mouse while the QPAC2 setting is at 4 for comfortable work.

Bob