QLiberator questions

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QLiberator questions

Post by tofro »

Peter,

I think the most recent version is QLiberator 3.33. My qlib_sys is smaller than yours, 15966 bytes, while qlib_bin is apparently the same size as yours.

qlib_bin is apparently the first phase of the compiler, while qlib_sys is apparently both (qlib_bin and qlib_obj)

I guess if you load qlib_sys only, the compiler shouldn't really search for phase 2 at all.

I know it doesn't help you, but my BOOT file contains

Code: Select all

QLIB_USE win1_ql_,win1_ql_
so my version very well accepts path names instead of devices only. Maybe its time to give Jochen Merz a call for an upgrade?

Regards,
Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Post by Derek_Stewart »

tofro wrote:Peter,

I think the most recent version is QLiberator 3.33. My qlib_sys is smaller than yours, 15966 bytes, while qlib_bin is apparently the same size as yours.

qlib_bin is apparently the first phase of the compiler, while qlib_sys is apparently both (qlib_bin and qlib_obj)

I guess if you load qlib_sys only, the compiler shouldn't really search for phase 2 at all.

I know it doesn't help you, but my BOOT file contains

QLIB_USE win1_ql_,win1_ql_
so my version very well accepts path names instead of devices only. Maybe its time to give Jochen Merz a call for an upgrade?

Regards,
Tobias
Hi,

Or could use the DEV device in SMSQ/E:

DEV_USE 1,"win1_qlib_"
QLIB_USE dev1_,dev1_
REMark List Qliberator Settings
PRINT QLIB_LIST$
If SMSQ/E is not use, load in SUB and define a SUB device.

Regards,

Derek
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

Hello Tobias,

the most current version is surely > 3.33 cause my QLib_obj window (2nd phase) reports 3.33 and on my (handwritten) disk label there stands QLiberator V3.37. Ralf has stated that the last QLib_obj has version number 3.36. The Runtime of my version is 3.34, the one delivered with QPC2 3.36. BTW: I have just read in the QLiberator manual that it is forbidden to give away the runtime system, it must be linked to executable programs.

--------------------
Derek_Stewart wrote: Or could use the DEV device in SMSQ/E:

DEV_USE 1,"win1_qlib_"
QLIB_USE dev1_,dev1_
REMark List Qliberator Settings
PRINT QLIB_LIST$
If SMSQ/E is not use, load in SUB and define a SUB device.
I think using DEV device is a bit what we call in Germany "Mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schießen" (shooting with canons on sparrows). As I have written, I use Phil Borman's excellent Redirect device (in Toolkit section of dilwyns page) with:

REDIRECT "WIN1_QLib_obj","WIN1_p_qlib_QLib_obj"

Works fine, the help file can be configured in QLib_obj with (menu)config. Unfortunately the Help function in QLib_obj 3.33 seems not to work, only the first page is shown, if you then press space or Enter the help window will be closed. No problem, I can have a look at it with View from the files menu or any editor.

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

ql_freak wrote:Hello Tobias,

Ralf has stated that the last QLib_obj has version number 3.36. The Runtime of my version is 3.34, the one delivered with QPC2 3.36. BTW: I have just read in the QLiberator manual that it is forbidden to give away the runtime system, it must be linked to executable programs.
Yes, that's the version, I got from Ian himself. The stated runtime licence is nonsense in my sight, as noone can do anything with that, except what I have done, giving Ian a few REMarks for faster code. In fact it is separatable from any object file, as is with all linked in assembler extensions (except S_Edit :) ). If you know how :D

BTW: The Config block in Qlib_obj is v1

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

ql_freak wrote:Hello Tobias,

the most current version is surely > 3.33
3.33. is what my stage 2 screen says as well. I have not looked into the binaries. Might well be there is something newer.
ql_freak wrote: Unfortunately the Help function in QLib_obj 3.33 seems not to work, only the first page is shown,
That is, what they call "works as designed" - The help function will only give you help on the button/field that is the currently selected item and close on the next keypress. So, what you see is normal.

Regards,
Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
ql_freak
Gold Card

Post by ql_freak »

tofro wrote:That is, what they call "works as designed" - The help function will only give you help on the button/field that is the currently selected item and close on the next keypress. So, what you see is normal.
Thank You Tobias,

I didn't know that. I will try it.

[EDIT about 10 minutes later]:
A normal user will not expect this. I didn't find a way, to do that with the mouse (nowadays also touchscreen) only. You must put the mouse cursor onto the LMI and press F1 - not very user friendly.

Sincerely

Peter

http://peter-sulzer.bplaced.net
GERMAN! QL-Download page also available in English: GETLINE$() function, UNIX-like "ls" command, improved DIY-Toolkit function EDLINE$ - All with source. AND a good Python 3 Tutorial (German) for Win/UNIX :-)
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

ql_freak wrote:A normal user will not expect this. I didn't find a way, to do that with the mouse (nowadays also touchscreen) only. You must put the mouse cursor onto the LMI and press F1 - not very user friendly.
IIRC, it was out with a QRAM interface even before QRAM came out, and not much has changed on that side of things since then.
My version is 3.35 (April 1991). Whats in the upgrade and where can I find it?

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

pjw wrote:IIRC, it was out with a QRAM interface even before QRAM came out, and not much has changed on that side of things since then.
The "QRAM" I/F is just a simple SuperBASIC Interface. QLiberator was suggested as the inbuilt compiler in TT's Futura. The Pointer Interface existed and TT gave the Basics to Liberation Software to put that into the frontend. They use just a simple, self written RPTR and check, if a given coordinate is touched (the "loose items"), then make a quick and small BLOCK (the "Outline" of the "loose items"), and if selected, change the colours. It is really smple and just use the Pointer Interface, no Window Manager. An inbuilt MC Extension in QLib_obj contains all the things, there is one keyword "WM_Rptr" which makes the loop, but pure Pointer Interface (despite the name), similar to RPTR from QPTR.

I asked them a few times to make this little Toolkit and their way public, as it is much easier for little programs than QPTR or EasyPTR but never get an answer to that question.

Unfortunately, QLib_obj checks for 512x256 in its SuperBASIC code, so cannot use modern screen sizes beyond this size. One has to check for those numbers in the code, e.g. compile a short SB program with 512 and 256 as float and integer and search QLib_obj for the resulted pattern.

My update sheets for v3.36 explain things for Minerva integer, I do not know, if this was still realized in v3.35. But I can scan them.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Ralf R. wrote:
pjw wrote:IIRC, it was out with a QRAM interface even before QRAM came out, and not much has changed on that side of things since then.
The "QRAM" I/F is just a simple SuperBASIC Interface. QLiberator was suggested as the inbuilt compiler in TT's Futura. The Pointer Interface existed and TT gave the Basics to Liberation Software to put that into the frontend. They use just a simple, self written RPTR and check, if a given coordinate is touched (the "loose items"), then make a quick and small BLOCK (the "Outline" of the "loose items"), and if selected, change the colours. It is really smple and just use the Pointer Interface, no Window Manager. An inbuilt MC Extension in QLib_obj contains all the things, there is one keyword "WM_Rptr" which makes the loop, but pure Pointer Interface (despite the name), similar to RPTR from QPTR.
Yes, I gathered that much. It could do with an update!
My update sheets for v3.36 explain things for Minerva integer, I do not know, if this was still realized in v3.35. But I can scan them.
Please do. Id be very interested. Who does updates? JMS?

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
Ralf R.

Post by Ralf R. »

pjw wrote:
Ralf R. wrote:My update sheets for v3.36 explain things for Minerva integer, I do not know, if this was still realized in v3.35. But I can scan them.
Please do. Id be very interested. Who does updates? JMS?
No problem but to keep things tidy, I will ask Jochen to make them public. I fear, Jochen is the only one, who can make updates, if any.

Edit: Ok, Jochen is very quick, "No problem from my side". Ok, I can't ask noone else, so I will scan them :)