Motion piQtures

Anything QL Software or Programming Related.
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Motion piQtures

Post by pjw »

BSJR wrote:As patterns are always Long words this says nothing about sample size so the mode provides the clue.
Alpha masks are a byte per pixel so RLE1 is used, same as mode 16.
Modes 32/33 use RLE2 and mode 64 uses RLE4.
Beware that this RLE naming may be different from that used on the PC side where RLE4 or 8 means 4-bit or 8-bit.
Thanks, Bob! Now I know who to ask if I have any questions on sprites and things :)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote:
dilwyn wrote:All we need is a stand-alone SPRITE_WRITE type extension, along the lines of SPRW in Easyptr for example, then anyone could write a graphical program without having to learn Easyptr, TurboPTR or whatever.
Well Dilwyn, it seems Santa heard you: He asked me to pass this on (attached). You dont believe he exists? Well, according to a very young - and for all I know, not very PC - fellow I met at kindergarten recently, he does. According to him he's Black! How do you know? I queried. "'Cause when he gets home to his wife for dinner he calls out "Yoho, Ho!"" (I suppose he's not yet aware that women dont stay at home doing the cooking nowadays)

Seasons best to y'all
'Twas my birthday yesterday so this was well timed Per. Thanks - on the Toolkits Page on my website now http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/index.html for anyone wishing to use it!

I know Santa exists, I just haven't met the real one yet - though I was awake but too scared to open my eyes when he delivered gifts to my room when I was about 4 years old. Must make that trip to Scandinavia to meet him (I assume Santa is male? I might have made an incorrect assumption all my life?) one day.

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

BSJR wrote:Apparently nobody has checked out my latest SQRview
Could you please specify the minimum system requirements? Obviously on my QL (Minerva, 768K TrumpCard TK2) it crashes (system error window).

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

pjw wrote:He asked me to pass this on (attached).
I ran the _bas file on my QL (Minerva, Trumpcard, TK2) and it returns a zero in #0. What does it mean?

BSJR
Trump Card

Post by BSJR »

Cristian wrote:
BSJR wrote:Apparently nobody has checked out my latest SQRview
Could you please specify the minimum system requirements? Obviously on my QL (Minerva, 768K TrumpCard TK2) it crashes (system error window).
It needs a recent SMSQ/E and High mode, so any platform that can do that should be OK.
It runs on my Aurora +SGC, on QXL and QPC2 or SMSQmulator.
As unpacking Animated GIFs can quickly run into megabytes so a hard disk is recommended.

Bob

Cristian
Aurora

Post by Cristian »

Thanks Bob for your specifications (and surely for your software). With these information I can configure my emulator quickly.

pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

Cristian wrote:
pjw wrote:He asked me to pass this on (attached).
I ran the _bas file on my QL (Minerva, Trumpcard, TK2) and it returns a zero in #0. What does it mean?
Sorry, that file was not supposed to be included. It was just a test rig to make a final check for memory leaks/stack overrun. Please ignore ;)
I havent tested it on anything other than SMSQ/E. Under QDOS/Minerva, just make sure you have the Pointer Interface (ptr_gen) loaded

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
pjw
QL Wafer Drive

Post by pjw »

dilwyn wrote:'Twas my birthday yesterday so this was well timed Per. Thanks - on the Toolkits Page on my website now http://www.dilwyn.me.uk/tk/index.html for anyone wishing to use it!
Youre welcome. Congratulations! The best is still to come :)
I know Santa exists, I just haven't met the real one yet - though I was awake but too scared to open my eyes when he delivered gifts to my room when I was about 4 years old. Must make that trip to Scandinavia to meet him (I assume Santa is male? I might have made an incorrect assumption all my life?) one day.
Thanks for giving the North Pole to Norway - or Scandinavia at least, little though we deserve it. I guess that makes YOU the best Santa ever! ;)

Per
dont be happy. worry
- ?
dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Oops :oops:

Less than half a globe away?

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

pjw wrote: Thanks for giving the North Pole to Norway - or Scandinavia at least, little though we deserve it. I guess that makes YOU the best Santa ever! ;)
Now I know why I got it wrong. He's not from Scandinavia, not even from Lapland or the North pole, judging by this photo taken a couple of years ago:
santasdragons.jpg