Quanta committee election.

Thinking of joining QUANTA? Post any questions here.
dilwyn
Mr QL

Re: Quanta committee election.

Post by dilwyn »

Dave wrote:I'd like to forward myself for an at large/non-specific committee position. It is too easy to sit back and comment or criticize. For me, the time has come to get involved.

However, not having personal access to any other members, I seek volunteers to propose and second my candidacy.

If anyone would be interested in supporting my candidacy, please let me know.
Modern tech would make it much easier for an overseas member to join the committee, be active and participate in meetings, etc - i.e. by Skype etc.

By all means - all it takes is for someone (a member) to nominate and second a member to join committee. I don't think there's any difficulty with for example signing, scanning and forwarding forms electronically (perhaps another committee member would clarify this).

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Dave wrote:I would also work to be an ambassador for the QL: to be as accessible to the community as possible. My role model would be Dilwyn.
Umm. Errk. Well ... :oops:

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Clarification would be good. I have a proposer and seconder.

I did get a reply from the Secretary asking if I was offering to do the Secretary position. I'm just looking for an unassigned position with no special responsibilities. Once I became deeply familiar with the inner workings of Quanta, I would consider a higher position; this would also give the committee time to learn my strengths and weaknesses. :)

And yes, Dilwyn. *teen girl scream* I'm your BIGGEST fan! *grins* I think the information you provide is make-or-break.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Dave wrote:Clarification would be good. I have a proposer and seconder.

I did get a reply from the Secretary asking if I was offering to do the Secretary position. I'm just looking for an unassigned position with no special responsibilities. Once I became deeply familiar with the inner workings of Quanta, I would consider a higher position; this would also give the committee time to learn my strengths and weaknesses. :)
That's probably the best way to go - become an "ordinary" (for want of a better term, only other way I can think of describing it is "minister without portfolio" :? ) committee member first then see where you want to go from there.
Dave wrote:And yes, Dilwyn. *teen girl scream* I'm your BIGGEST fan! *grins* I think the information you provide is make-or-break.
Flattered (and somewhat embarrassed...) :lol:

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

dilwyn wrote:
Dave wrote:Clarification would be good. I have a proposer and seconder.

That's probably the best way to go - become an "ordinary" (for want of a better term, only other way I can think of describing it is "minister without portfolio" :? ) committee member first then see where you want to go from there.
Dave wrote:And yes, Dilwyn. *teen girl scream* I'm your BIGGEST fan! *grins* I think the information you provide is make-or-break.
Flattered (and somewhat embarrassed...) :lol:
Ha! :roll:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

As I draw closer, I realize he is saying "too much levity, boy!"

That said, my interest in working on the Quanta committee is serious and sustained.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

Thank you to Simon_Carr and 1024MAK for signing and forwarding my nomination form!

I couldn't have done it without you guys. Literally. Couldn't have. :)