Getting the Most From Quanta & Access Library

Thinking of joining QUANTA? Post any questions here.
Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Re: Library Guide.... AARGH!

Post by Simon_Carr »

Dave wrote:
Simon_Carr wrote:Please, someone tell me that I am being an idiot, and don't deserve to have access to a QL, but put me out of my misery and tell me what I am doing wrong!
You are an idiot. You don't deserve access to a QL. I am not going to tell you what you're doing wrong. It's not because I don't know, though.

What happens when you type "list"?
Nothing, I think the QL (emulator) has locked up, I just have that damned flashing cursor... I reset, start again, and the same. I've tried to just load the file, and then typing list gives me a black screen. I don't know whether this is the same issue that vanPeebles noted a while back, but...

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Getting the Most From Quanta & Access Library

Post by Dave »

Ummm, oookay...

What got published there has an extra word that changes the meaning entirely. It sounds mean and not at all what I intended. I'm sorry. :)

Hmmm, what if you just load it without running it and type list. In the first few lines, does it look for anything you don't have?

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Post by Simon_Carr »

Dave wrote:Ummm, oookay...

What got published there has an extra word that changes the meaning entirely. It sounds mean and not at all what I intended. I'm sorry. :)
No offence taken... I've been rushing around so much the past few months I have unlearned everything I picked up when I first got my QL, so I am pretty much back to square 1... :geek:

Anyway, as I mentioned, even if I just load the library, with a view to listing the program I get no joy, just another screen of darkness, and that flashing cursor (which does nothing). I reset, restart, and... I felt like it was Groundhog Day, so have given up, had a wee nippy sweety and am off to bed. I'll try again tomorrow! :ugeek:

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

dilwyn wrote:
Simon_Carr wrote::ugeek: Now I just have to find the time to have a proper look through everything, on an emulator...
Hopefully you'll have done that by the weekend :twisted:

Seriously though, if you find something to your liking in the library, I'm sure Mr Navigator would be happy if you could write a short something about it/them.
Yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/