Getting the Most From Quanta & Access Library

Thinking of joining QUANTA? Post any questions here.
Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Getting the Most From Quanta & Access Library

Post by Simon_Carr »

Having had my membership of QUANTA sort of confirmed, I was wondering, how do I gain access to this famed library?

Whilst I am pleased to see that the QUANTA website has improved (I think as a consequence of the posts and discussions on this forum), and that there has been a refresh of this forum, it is a bit disappointing that having taken my money, I have received one apologetic email from a committee member, with the PDF of the last newsletter (which I must admit I have only briefly looked at: might take more of a look this evening), and no further information.

In short, how should I go about trying to access the resources and support that QUANTA purports to offer? I'm not in a particular huff over this, I'm just a little disappointed at the lack of proactive engagement (or even an outline of what membership actually means), having taken my money for joining...

Cheers,

Simon

Simon

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: Gems in the Quanta library

Post by Dave »

I, too, am unclear, as a relatively new member, how to access any of the member only features of... of what? I don't even know :)

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

Ah good point about the library, you have to get the library file and run it on your QL or emulator. I can't see the details on the website yet.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I would contact the librarian using the Contact Us form - as it is unlikely Quanta will ever get a member's only area on their website.

That is why I wanted the Quanta section on the forum - the library could be made available through the forum in a section only accessible by Quanta members.

Peter - any chance you could split this topic as the discussion is not really to do with my original post!

vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I think the library index file was for general distribution though? I'll move Simon's post to a new Topic :)

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Re: Getting the Most From Quanta & Access Library

Post by Simon_Carr »

Thanks for moving it, and apologies for the original post being hijacked...

I noticed somewhere mention of a Quanta membership guide... Does this actually exist?

Unpacking a JS-ROM QL, with a QL-SD and SuperQBoard, and busily refelting millions of microdrives
RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

There certainly used to be a Quanta membership guide - I think it was last updated about 5-6 years ago (maybe even longer) - it was printed and in a small Quanta branded ring binder...

The problem with asking questions on here is that so far as I know there are only 2 Quanta committee members on here (Dilwyn who is rather tied up doing other things at the moment), and Lee who is the editor of the magazine...

Maybe we need a thread to say what is needed on the Quanta website - maybe someone can then nudge the committee to add the information!!

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

I understand that both Simon and Dave have received copies of the Quanta library now... :D

Simon_Carr
Brittle Membrane

Post by Simon_Carr »

:ugeek: Now I just have to find the time to have a proper look through everything, on an emulator...

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

Simon_Carr wrote::ugeek: Now I just have to find the time to have a proper look through everything, on an emulator...
Hopefully you'll have done that by the weekend :twisted:

Seriously though, if you find something to your liking in the library, I'm sure Mr Navigator would be happy if you could write a short something about it/them.