FORMAT ram1_mdv2

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: FORMAT ram1_mdv2

Post by RWAP »

Dave wrote:If you swap mdv1_ and mdv2_ drive assemblies, does the problem follow the drive, or continue to be at mdv2_?

This will at least isolate if it's logic on the main board or on the microdrive itself that is causing the problem.
Hee hee - as I said I am not messing around any more with this as the QL has been sold to a customer (who knows about the minor issue).

Trouble with unplugging and plugging microdrive units is that it takes so long - even if I use a strip of pins and attach that to the cable invariably one of the wires comes out when pushing everything back into the microdrive connector...

Did the US QLs have proper connectors on the microdrive cables (I know they had a proper connector block for the LED wires which are also a pain to re-connect...) ?

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Re: FORMAT ram1_mdv2

Post by Dave »

Nope!

I have these pins that compress onto the wires, and a neat little tool that compresses the pins. I have always preferred to put pins or strips on the microdrive cables because they are really only good for 1-2 insertions, then they're so bent up...