EP1810LC-25T programming system...

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

EP1810LC-25T programming system...

Post by Dave »

Hi all,

We're at a bit of an impasse.

We'd like to do some work that involves code for the EP1810 used for the INGOT on the (S)GC. We know Derek and Tetroid have systems to program the devices, but nobody seems to have system/software to take the .pld files and create new JEDECs. Even if Tetroid does have a system, he's a direct competitor in this space.

We have some ideas we might be interested in exploring, but without the ability to produce the JEDECs, it's at a dead stop and we'll have to rewrite our equations to target a new device.

Does anyone out there have any capabilities we should know about, and be willing to help us with some devices in 4-6 months?

tetroid
Over Heated PSU

Re: EP1810LC-25T programming system...

Post by tetroid »

Dave wrote:Hi all,

We're at a bit of an impasse.

We'd like to do some work that involves code for the EP1810 used for the INGOT on the (S)GC. We know Derek and Tetroid have systems to program the devices, but nobody seems to have system/software to take the .pld files and create new JEDECs. Even if Tetroid does have a system, he's a direct competitor in this space.

We have some ideas we might be interested in exploring, but without the ability to produce the JEDECs, it's at a dead stop and we'll have to rewrite our equations to target a new device.

Does anyone out there have any capabilities we should know about, and be willing to help us with some devices in 4-6 months?

If you mean INGOT20 source file, I think this is code for ALTERA A+ software and you can use this DOS-based sorfware to change the code and create JED file. I think also you can use Windows based ALTERA MAX+ plus software. My INGOT20 file have many errors, I dont know how it can works with this errors.

About EP1810 programmer. You in USA and very good way - programmer from BP Microsystems ( modern name BPM Microsystems ), like BP-1200, BP-1400, BP-2200 or other single or dual head old LPT port programmers. Many listings on ebay. Also you need special adapter for BP, like SM-84UP ( universal PLCC adapter ) or SM68 adapter.

I still have my QL items still available, anyone interested, please contact me at tetroid@inbox.ru
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I think we're going to go a different route. The EP1810 is maxed out with the 68EC020 at 24 MHz. It can go a little faster but not much and the memory timing is very strict. I think we're just going to invest the time and effort to target a new device family.

Also, you buy "brand new" devices and find out they've been programmed, and can't be erased. It's just not a reliable supply. If we're all competing for the same chips it causes problems for each other. So we'll step aside and leave the EP1810s for you, and we'll port the equations to another family that is still in production.

mk79
QL Wafer Drive

Post by mk79 »

tetroid wrote:My INGOT20 file have many errors, I dont know how it can works with this errors.
I think it's possible that the file was transcribed from a printout and never actually compiled in this form.

Marcel