Keyboard membrane connectors.

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Keyboard membrane connectors.

Post by Dave »

I have found reliable sources of the 9- and 11-pin membrane connectors here in the US. I can order in quite small or large quantities and the items are standard stock items. It works out around $2.50 for a matched pair for a QL. They also have all the other standard sizes.

I have ordered 10 of each for now. When I get them and confirm quality and fitment I'll post the details.

Pr0f
QL Wafer Drive

Re: Keyboard membrane connectors.

Post by Pr0f »

Excellent work Dave :-)

1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Post by 1024MAK »

‭TME in Europe stock a lot of FFC(FPC) connectors of various sizes.‬

‭I ordered some of the 5 way and some of the 8 way types for use in ZX81 and ZX Spectrum computers last year. When I received them, I compared them to some existing spares that I have, and they are exactly the same.‬

‭They are out of the straight 9 way type, but do have stocks of the right-angle PCB pin type.‬

‭They have plenty of the straight 11 way type.‬

‭The part numbers are:-‬
‭DS1020-05ST1D straight 5 way‬
‭DS1020-08ST1D straight 8 way‬
‭DS1020-09ST1D straight 9 way‬
‭DS1020-09RT1D right angle 9 way‬
‭DS1020-11ST1D straight 11 way‬
‭DS1020-11RT1D right angle 11 way‬
‭They are made by CONNFLY.‬

‭Here is a link to the web page
‭Note that the search function on this suppliers site is a bit rubbish. Entering the part number produced no results!‬

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

I also ordered some from the exact same source in Poland together with some other stuff I needed (the 9-pin type was only available with angled pins at that moment, which doesn't really matter for the QL as you can easily bend these straight).

They're cheap, fit well, ordering was easy and shipping was fast.
(And I recall I did mention this already some time ago...)

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

When Rich and I looked at the TME supplies, they had limited stocks and a very high MOQ. I tried to buy their entire stock but they *refused my order*...

My only point is I have found a reliable US supplier that has these in stock all the time, at reasonable prices. Since I anticipate using a few over the coming months.... I just wanted to share that there is a reliable second source.

There is also a place in Brasil that has them, but they want a lot of money. Pretty much, if it is a foreigner talking to them, they automatically tack a $75 "handling fee" to the order.