Getting My QL working - what to do .....

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
1024MAK
Super Gold Card

Re: Getting My QL working - what to do .....

Post by 1024MAK »

With regards to the displayed video image when using the SCART lead that you have.
I have a SCART lead that came with a QL that i bought. When connected to my LCD TV, it produces exactly the image that you describe (and later show in a photo).

I bought a new SCART lead from this eBay seller: retrocomputershack, item number 260814300633. It works great with my LCD TV, I get a nice sharp and clear picture with no noise or vertical white lines :D

Some (especially modern-ish) TVs, have automatic input detection. This uses the control signal pins on the SCART connector.
Some QL SCART leads use some of the signals in an unconventional manner to try to get the TV to automatically switch to the RGB mode, but instead the TV switches between composite video (with no input signal) and RGB video at high speed.
If your TV has manual / user controls that can override the automatic system, then manually selecting RGB mode may help with the problem.

Mark

:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer in Somerset later in the year :)

QL, Falcon, Atari 520STFM, Atari 1040STE, more PC's than I care to count and an assortment of 8 bit micros (Sinclair and Acorn)(nearly forgot the Psion's)
Starfrog
ROM Dongle

Post by Starfrog »

1024MAK wrote:With regards to the displayed video image when using the SCART lead that you have.
I have a SCART lead that came with a QL that i bought. When connected to my LCD TV, it produces exactly the image that you describe (and later show in a photo).

I bought a new SCART lead from this eBay seller: retrocomputershack, item number 260814300633. It works great with my LCD TV, I get a nice sharp and clear picture with no noise or vertical white lines :D

Some (especially modern-ish) TVs, have automatic input detection. This uses the control signal pins on the SCART connector.
Some QL SCART leads use some of the signals in an unconventional manner to try to get the TV to automatically switch to the RGB mode, but instead the TV switches between composite video (with no input signal) and RGB video at high speed.
If your TV has manual / user controls that can override the automatic system, then manually selecting RGB mode may help with the problem.

Mark
I think I got my cable from the retro shack too I’ll fiddle around with the controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Szk
ROM Dongle

Post by Szk »

Dave wrote:
RWAP wrote:The molex connectors are also very hard to find - I think Dave on here purchased a bulk lot for a project - I have just one 11 way connector left now (free to a good home) and have not been able to find small quantities of replacement 9 and 11 way connectors...
I did try to buy out their entire stock, but they canceled my order and declined to ship internationally.
Rich, Dave, I've contacted a parts manufacturer here in Brazil. You can download their datasheet here:
http://www.metaltex.com.br/produtos/com ... o_flexivel

They already gave me these price quotes. Not Cheap, and they only sell in 100-unit packs:
FC-09......US$ 0,7728/unit
FC-11......US$ 0,8592/unit
FN-09......US$ 0,7408/unit
FN-11......US$ 0,8592/unit

I'm now asking them if they have stock, if they can export or ship overseas, payment conditions. Let me know if you're interested to buy a lot ;)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I'd commit to buying 1 pack of each, for the two closest to QL-fit. That's 100 pieces of each part. Shipping would be to ZIP 78664 in Texas, USA. I could then split them with Rich at RWAP so he will have stock for QLers well into the future.

The type is FC, not the FN... FN are 90 degree board edge type.

Szk
ROM Dongle

Post by Szk »

Dave wrote:I'd commit to buying 1 pack of each, for the two closest to QL-fit. That's 100 pieces of each part. Shipping would be to ZIP 78664 in Texas, USA. I could then split them with Rich at RWAP so he will have stock for QLers well into the future.

The type is FC, not the FN... FN are 90 degree board edge type.
OK Dave, please PM me your email and physical addresses, and I'll cc you in my email exchange with them. Looks promising so far :D

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

I'll PM privately. Publicly, I contacted them separately and they gave me a very high handling price, the packs were much smaller, and they wanted a scary amount for shipping.

FC-09 USD 0.122/pc Standard package: 42pcs
FC-11 USD 0.136/pc Standard package: 36pcs
Prices Exw Metaltex - Sao Paulo - Brasil
L/T: Available on stock
Terms: T/T before shipment
Handling costs: USD 75 per shipment

Szk
ROM Dongle

Post by Szk »

Lol. My inquiry was handled by their domestic sales, while yours is by their foreign sales... let's see what's the best offer we can get from both ways
Let me know your email so I can CC (or BCC) you in my emails to them. :D

Starfrog... forgive me for hijacking your thread...

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »