New QubATA driver for QUBIDE

Nagging hardware related question? Post here!
klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Re: New QubATA driver for QUBIDE

Post by klausfrank »

Hi fellow QL'ers
I have a "little" problem installing the new QubATA system, so I would really like to hear from users, who have installed QubATA.
Regards
Klaus

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

klausfrank wrote:Hi fellow QL'ers
I have a "little" problem installing the new QubATA system, so I would really like to hear from users, who have installed QubATA.
Regards
Klaus
There are three real questions:

a) Are you trying to install it on an original QubIDE or one of the modern clones with added memory?
b) Do you have the v2 GAL chips
c) What is the problem?

I haven't installed it on an original qubIDE unfortunately - I only have experience on Tetroids new Trump Card / QubIDE combination interface, although this is not a standard install.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:
klausfrank wrote:Hi fellow QL'ers
Regards
Klaus
There are three real questions:

a) Are you trying to install it on an original QubIDE or one of the modern clones with added memory?
b) Do you have the v2 GAL chips
c) What is the problem?

I haven't installed it on an original qubIDE unfortunately - I only have experience on Tetroids new Trump Card / QubIDE combination interface, although this is not a standard install.
I have got it working on my Qubide v2, but I have only used the LRESPR version of the software, I haven't made a new EPROM.

The GAL chips on my Qubide have labels GAL1A and GAL2A, with the upgrade set from Q-Branch some time ago. The Qubide itself is quite old, goes back to Qubbesoft days.

If you have the more recent versions of Qubide (Spanish or Polish - especially the ones with memory expansion) they MAY not work anyway, as they are only able to use version 1 rom as far as I know.

Does your Qubide get as far as starting up - can you give the message shown if it gets that far?

The usual way of testing whether QubATA will work is to try the LRESPR version of the software. That will try to install itself and give a message ifit fails - it's a non-destructive way of testing if it's likely to work.

RWAP
RWAP Master

Post by RWAP »

dilwyn wrote: If you have the more recent versions of Qubide (Spanish or Polish - especially the ones with memory expansion) they MAY not work anyway, as they are only able to use version 1 rom as far as I know.
Yes, we believe so - although I have arranged for one of the Polish QubIDEs (with 512K RAM) to be sent to Alain so that he can investigate and hopefully get this working...

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

RWAP wrote:
dilwyn wrote: If you have the more recent versions of Qubide (Spanish or Polish - especially the ones with memory expansion) they MAY not work anyway, as they are only able to use version 1 rom as far as I know.
Yes, we believe so - although I have arranged for one of the Polish QubIDEs (with 512K RAM) to be sent to Alain so that he can investigate and hopefully get this working...
Great. I think both the Polish and Spanish ones are based on the same circuitry, so getting it working on one might well work on the other.

klausfrank
Chuggy Microdrive

Post by klausfrank »

Hi fellow QL'ers

Just to tell you, that I have my system up and working. My problem, was that my SyQuest drive wasn't recognised, could not read the 0 track. When removed, problem solved.
I hope to fix that later. I have just burned a QubATA rom for my second Qubide - a spanish version. Don't expect problems with that, now I know what to do.

Regards
Klaus