QPC2 v4.00

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
nagual
ROM Dongle

QPC2 v4.00

Post by nagual »

Hello !

Merry Christmass and happy New Year to all members of QL forum:-)

I have one questiion - is anybody have a copy of QPC2 v4.00 from QL TodayCoverDVD?

Just contact Jochen Merz and all DVD's are, unfortunatelly, sold...

So, i'll be gratefull if anyone want to share QPC2 v4.00 (or whole DVD) via mail, torrent or any other download service.

Please, contact me on dglojnaric@gmail.com:-)

Thank you all in advance!

With best regards!
Drazen Glojnaric

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Re: QPC2 v4.0.1

Post by Mr_Navigator »

I believe you can now obtain the download from here, this is the authors site and the latest version.
QPC2 v4 FULL version

To celebrate the birth of my daughter, here is finally the full release of QPC2 v4 for all to download and enjoy. It comes with a complete sample "hard disc" file that contains some sample applications and demos.
http://www.kilgus.net/qpc/downloads.html

QPC2 has always stated it is the next generation to the BBQL QDOS.

I always have mixed feelings when paid for software goes free as it is great news at one level for everyone, but sad news is that it means there is unlikely to be any further development of QPC2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
Derek_Stewart
Font of All Knowledge

Re: QPC2 v4.00

Post by Derek_Stewart »

Hi,

QPC2 is the best QL emulator, it runs under Windows and Linux/Wine... and sometime beer!

But although this maybe the last version, the system can be extended by developing applications that are badly missing on the QL platform.

I have finished woking now, due to company reorganisation and early retirement, so will have more time for software development. Mainly on the QL platform.

Derek

Regards,

Derek
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Derek_Stewart wrote:Hi, I have finished working now, due to company reorganisation and early retirement, so will have more time for software development. Mainly on the QL platform.

Derek
Excellent!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vanpeebles
Commissario Pebbli

Post by vanpeebles »

I like the sound of early retirement :D

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

QPC2 v4.0.1

Post by Mr_Navigator »

radastan
ROM Dongle

Post by radastan »

Hi all,

¿How can I exit Window environment and go to setup screen? I don't find .ini anywhere on my disk.

I read it support .IMG disk images and want to use someone like a real QL.

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

Start with the shift key depressed. This will open the setup dialog.

In my case (win7), the INI file was installed in C:\ProgramData, but write protected because I had selected "Install for all users", silly me. So I couldn't save settings. After I deleted it from there, it apparently went somewhere writeable.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO
radastan
ROM Dongle

Post by radastan »

I see it only emulate 68020 systems, ¿any possibility on emulate a classic QL with QPC2?

tofro
Font of All Knowledge

Post by tofro »

radastan wrote:I see it only emulate 68020 systems, ¿any possibility on emulate a classic QL with QPC2?
Well, whatever you think a "classic QL" might be ;)

QPC has far evolved from the original QL with respect to CPU emulation, memory and operating system. If you want a nearly cycle-exact copy of a QL with all the hardware, interrupts and OS the original box has, you're probably searching in the wrong place.

You can tweak QPC2 to come a bit closer to the original QL by setting screen resolution and color depth to the original values and using QPC_QLSCREMU 4/8 to have it emulate a (write-only) QL screen at the original addresses, but that's about it.

There is, to my knowledge no way to "reduce" CPU support to an 68k8 - That means, QPC2 will not trap out on non-word-aligned access for example and it will always support the new addressing modes and commands.
The best way to use it for what you have in mind is probably consider it as a very comfortable cross-development system and do the testing on the "real" box.
Q-Emulator and uqlx are much closer to the "real thing", but still are very far away from what I understand you have in mind.

Tobias

ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ ǝq oʇ ƃuᴉoƃ ʇou sᴉ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʇxǝu ʎɯ 'ɹɐǝp ɥO