QPC2 keyboard help

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Re: QPC2 keyboard help

Post by JonS »

That's a worry.....just starting to get back into QL programming and now I can't do it without saving basic to dos file. editing in Windows, reloading in QPCII to test....not a very appealing development environment.

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

As suggested, I've used Clavier and have managed to get access to both = and # keys. I've still lost some others, but the main keys are okay. The downside is that I can't get =/+ in the correct place, so now it's on the ] key.....bit of a pain when typing as you have to stop and think when you want =.

However, Marcel has said he will be looking at keyboard handling, but it may be sometime before a "solution" is available. The sooner the better for me, but at least I can work at the moment.

dilwyn
Mr QL

Post by dilwyn »

JonS wrote:As suggested, I've used Clavier and have managed to get access to both = and # keys. I've still lost some others, but the main keys are okay. The downside is that I can't get =/+ in the correct place, so now it's on the ] key.....bit of a pain when typing as you have to stop and think when you want =.
However, Marcel has said he will be looking at keyboard handling, but it may be sometime before a "solution" is available. The sooner the better for me, but at least I can work at the moment.
Just a thought on this Jon, although it's probably a bit obvious. Could you perhaps try using ALTKEY definitions so that the "missing" keys can be generated using other keys, e.g. if you were missing an @ symbol but the [ key above it was working, do something like ALTKEY '[','@'

Dilwyn

JonS
Bent Pin Expansion Port

Post by JonS »

No problem using ALTKEY apart from the obvious of needing to press ALT. I'm not sure if you can get shifted characters on the same key, but that's not too important. A combination of Clavier and ALTKEY has me working. Although the keyboard is a little bit of a pain, I can work. However, roll on when QPC can handle my keyboard without these work arounds!

Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Mr_Navigator wrote:I had this problem with my new laptop (TOSHIBA) with key mappings posted here a few months ago, sadly never resolved the issue.
Thought I would update this particular post as my situation resolved itself (kind off).

Having not being able to do much with my Toshiba laptop using QPC2 version 3.+ due to the key mapping issue very similar to the JonS situation, I went on to different things.

However, I upgraded to Windows 8 and hey presto it all worked flawlessly

Toshiba Laptop went in to meltdown - lost everything but everything (no back-up) :(

Re-built from scratch with Windows 8 again and hey presto it all worked flawlessly still

QPC2 version 4 installed and hey presto that worked flawlessly aswell

So what did Windows 7 do that caused the key mapping only in QPC2 to become useless I wonder?

Perhaps I will never know :|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/