QemuLator OS X version 1.1

Discussion and advice about emulating the QL on other machines.
Mr_Navigator
QL Fanatic

QemuLator OS X version 1.1

Post by Mr_Navigator »

Just downloaded this to see what goodies it employs and one of the most annoying things I found was like looking through the window of a sweet shop as a child on a Sunday with no money in my pocket. Of course I am talking of the excellent Aurora and Q60 video emulation the QemuLator now employs as an option with a drop down available in the settings.

Only software that accesses the video memory directly can use this availability (according to the manual) not SuperBASIC in classic QDOS as it doesn't have it :(

So how can mere mortal people like me who use SuperBASIC and extensions and hardly anything else use this, anyone know?

Or are we back to the SMSQ/e scenario again :(
Attachments
qemulatovidopt.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QLick here for the Back 2 the QL Blog http://backtotheql.blogspot.co.uk/
RWAP
RWAP Master

Re: QemuLator OS X version 1.1

Post by RWAP »

Well there is no easy way with the INK commands etc, but QWord manages to work on high resolution / high colour screens with direct access....

I still need to find time to find out why that doesn't work properly on q-emulator's high-colour screen - it has been years since I looked at this....

I wrote a series of SuperBASIC procedures and functions to print to the high-resolution screens, but even then they do not handle plain text output and would not be much use to anyone else...

You can't really expect QDOS / Minerva / Classic QDOS to make use of high-colour screens, as the routines for PRINT, INK, PAPER etc all need to know something about the screen layout and of course high-colour did not exist at the time....

So, in short, yes, only SMSQ/e can PRINT directly to high colour screens.

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

When others have bought the very excellent Q-emuLator from Daniele, how long did they have to wait to receive their keys?

thorsinclair
Trump Card

Post by thorsinclair »

Hi,
When I bought Q-emulator I received the key within 24 hours :-)

Dave
SandySuperQDave

Post by Dave »

For me it was right on 24 hours :)